Greetings from Victoria BC Canada

M

MegaTitaniumMan

Hi to all and I wish you well in the upcoming Badger Airbrush competition, the reason I am here.
I am sure I lack the skills to win this event but if I don't give it my best shot I have lost by not trying and that is a shameful thing.
I have been Airbrushing less than a year and I find it sometimes frustrating that things do not turn out like I planned them to be. I have yet to create something and have it look like it did in my mind, So I will be heavily stenciling this skull for the competition so that it resembles well enough to hopefully be accepted.
I started with a Paasche VL and had some fun with it but its an air hog and the 1/12 HP compressor I started with just couldn't keep up, got hot, water in the lines, ext. I then bought my Devilbiss Dagr and I love the thing!
I do have my eye on the new Badger Krome and I will have one some day soon...
I got in to Airbrushing after a long rehabilitation process that I am still fighting through, I crashed my motorcycle and nearly died. I am now titanium from the waist down after having both legs reconstructed, so that's where the name comes from "MegaTitaniumMan".
I met a man who is now a buddy of mine who got me interested in Airbrushing, (this all relates to the crash-Long story), So I have been learning as I go and most of the time it is great fun.
I really enjoy the videos by "Airbrush Tutor" as well as "The Airbrush Forum" its a great place to learn how to do a lot of new things and get some expert advice on where you could improve your art and I recognize some names from there already. I am glad to be here on Airbrush Forum and hope I learn a few new tricks.
Thank you.
MTM.

Welcome aboard MTM, real nice to have you with us, you learn constantly all the time in this game, especially from your own mistakes. Show us some of your stuff and you will get plenty of help mate.
Don't forget you need at least 10 post to enter the comp so get posting and good luck:)

My grandmother in law lived in Victoria. It is pretty up there. In all honesty I drove around up there and walked around. I am surprised that more motorcyclists don't have your story.

Hey from the UK, I went to Victoria many moons ago, really beautiful place. I had been ABing for just over a year before finding this place, and it has helped me no end. You're gonna get so much out of this place, don't forget to ask questions, and don't be shy about posting your work, even if it isn't exactly how you wanted it to come out. We've all been there, and by seeing what you've done people can give you pointers to impreove.

Hi MTM:) i find your story inspiring mate, it's great to know that out of that accident something like airbrushing was introduced to you. We like to help as much as possible and we have some extremely helpful and knowledgable members here who are more than willing to help out. Please ask if you have any questions!

Quite a story, MTM. Hope you're doing well and get something good out of airbrushing!

Hi MTM:) i find your story inspiring mate, it's great to know that out of that accident something like airbrushing was introduced to you. We like to help as much as possible and we have some extremely helpful and knowledgable members here who are more than willing to help out. Please ask if you have any questions!

Oh Wow the Man himself, You Rock! I really enjoy your YouTube videos and have learned important things from you. I really dig your sense of humor too. I don't want to have your Baby or anything I just want to thank you for sharing your talent and helping me to improve. I am so looking forward to your True Fire tutorial.
I have been trying to get true fire right from the day I started Airbrushing, about 10 months ago, lol.
I am glad my story inspires you, it's taught me how to fight and never give up, and showed me compassion from total strangers that was unexpected. I have learned a great many positive things from a nasty tragedy that was my own fault. I don't enjoy the fact that I am now broken but it has steered my life in a direction previously unexplored and may not have been for many years otherwise.
And don't worry I will be posting up and asking a lot of questions in the near future, until then I have a lot of reading to do on this forum.
And thanks once again,
You Rock AirbrushTutor!!
MTM. :cool:

Sometimes life's a bitch, but when a door close other will open.. I have a quite similar example in my family and I admire the strength and motivation projected to others, just like you are doing here! Everyone is here to help, so, any questions just ask!

Back