Greetings to All

T

Tygrfan

Hello Everyone,
It's really nice to see such an active and diverse forum on Airbrushing. I'm looking forward to being a part of the community. I'm a retro-newbie, in that I did airbrushing in high school/college back in the early-mid 1980s with an old Paasche and incredibly loud tool compressor. I did lots of T-shirts with bubble letter names and sunset island scenes which were all the rage then. Then college, raising a family etc. and 30 years passes in a flash. In the interim years I've done a ton of Photoshop work, and somehow a memory out of the past hit me that Airbrushing was so much like Photoshop by building up in layers that I got the spark to try it again.

So, all my equipment is ordered and in various stages of shipping. I've made a space in my workshop to paint and I'm very excited about getting started - again.

I already appreciate the amount of contributions that people have made to the forums. It's an incredible outpouring of support for the community and that sharing of experience is awesome.

Thanks, and I'm glad to be here!

Welcome from Austalia. You'll have a heap of fun trying to transfer PS skills to the physical.
What sort of kit have you ordered so far ?

Hi Jack,
Thanks. I ordered Iwata gear: HB-SBS and the Power Jet IS-900 compressor. Also some Createx paints and assorted accessories like respirator, pipettes, etc. Yeah, I expect I'll have to develop that freehand control and trigger action all over again. I'm hoping that at least my mind won't struggle with layering effects/colors. All kit should be in by next week.

Welcome from Texas. If that is regular Createx, you may have some issues depending on what you are planning on painting.

Hi Greg,
We're practically neighbors, I'm in Louisiana. I picked up about 9 different Wicked colors. You think those will be fine? Any reducing advice?
Thanks in advance!

I am pretty new here and only use a little Wicked, but you need to reduce it at least 5:1 if not 10:1. Can use either 100 or 500 depending on preference. Others that are more experienced than I will chime in I am sure!

Hey hey - Welcome from New Zealand... Now don't get fooled by the young JackEB... she is not all she seems... :) Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome home Tygrfan.
On the wicked I do hope you also bought some of the W500 reducer , Depending on which airbrush you are getting will kind of depend on how much reduction you will want to start is .
But Createx Wicked suggest 1 drop paint to 3 drops reducer as a starting point For a .35 needle nozzle set up.

Hi Micron,
The wicked colors I picked up also came with a few ounces of W100 reducer. I can easily and happily order the w500 if that's what's recommended. I am using an Iwata HP-SBS with .35 nozzle.
Thanks

Hello and welcome from the UK ,yes we are very helpful here with a sense of humour as well .
Helpful and funny !?
Not sure I fit in then. If we change it to 'been there done that, happy to share my journey with a side serve of crazy' I stand a chance of being one of the cool kids :confused:

Hi, Tygrfan.
Welcome from another part of Australia.
Great to hear your coming back.
I'm sure that you will find that as soon as you get that air flowing, it'll all come back to you.
From all accounts the 500 is the way to go, but keep the 100 for cleaning etc.
You'll soon notice that paints aint paints, as they used to be.
Be sure to give a shout if you hit trouble, plenty of advice and help about in here.
You don't have to be crazy; but it sure helps!lollol

Back