Greets from Robbie

O

OneArmedGraphics

Heyas. I'm Robbie, a one-armed 40-something Kiwi living in Brisbane Australia.

I just bought my first airbrush today (woo!) after lurking in the Forums and spending some time on YouTube
I dabble in lots of graphic arts, you can take a look at my 3D works at onearmedgraphics.com
Also do tattoo street-photography at my blog Inkstreet

My main motivation for the Airbrush is decorating my 7mo baby boy's bedroom, and all going well I want to somehow integrate my 3D work with some 2D stuff. Is a long term gameplan as there aren't many hours of freetime for me anymore.

Oh I also blog about Chronic Pain and disability on a Youtube channel and blog, but I don't want this post to be a bunch of links so if you are curious you can find that via the 3D homepage above. :D

I bought myself the Iwata Neo Trn.1 and the full set pack of Createx Illustration Colors. I don't have a compressor yet as I am waiting for a decent hardware sale to offer reduced prices. I want to build a sound isolation box for it and create a mini booth in the garage. So yeah it's going to be exciting getting my stuff but frustrating not being able to use it!

Cheers,
Robbie

welcome from Sth Australia Robbie, it will be interesting to see how you transition to the airbrush, with the illustration colours, make sure you stir / shake them well and often, they separate very quickly.

Robbie , Welcome Home , It does my old heart good to see someone staying strong, I know all to well about Chronic Pain and disability . Well I should say lack of Chronic pain being my nervous system as be screw up since the earlier 90's and my what all accounts of what the military doctors say I should not even be walking or moving from neck down but I love proven them wrong.
Having the will power to over come a disability is to me the hardest part , After accepting the fact life gets so much easier .
Awesome photos and 3d work and I know you will be able to combined the 3d with 2d for your sons room.

Hi Robbie from the uk. There seems to be a good transition between airbrushing and tattooing and vice versa, so you I reckon you'll soon be loving it as much as the rest of us. Plus this is the absolute best place to be to learn to AB.

Yep Robbie, a huge welcome from Holland via Scotland, another very welcome lesson for me in getting on with it whatever the circumstances, I've had a look at your links and if I said I was impressed it would be an understatement:), as herb said, very cool 3D stuff and your photography is stunning.

Get your questions coming, I for one would be proud to assist you in your quest and after seeing what you have been up to I have absolutely no doubts at all that you will succeed:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard!! Im so excited for you!! It will be a great therapeutic hobby for you to have. I too suffer from chronic pain. I found when I first started, it was so stress free, pain free for me, that I would just get soo lost in my work. Today, I still get lost from time to time, not so much with all the golf carts I do lol.

Welcome aboard!! Im so excited for you!! It will be a great therapeutic hobby for you to have. I too suffer from chronic pain. I found when I first started, it was so stress free, pain free for me, that I would just get soo lost in my work. Today, I still get lost from time to time, not so much with all the golf carts I do lol.

Thanks! It arrived today and we made it to the Post Office just two minutes before closing so I'm stoked to have it!
Looking forward to getting lost like you did :)

Just need to sort out connectors now. I have a hose with the compressor that says "3/8" nitto fittings" on the label. My supplier said the Iwata Neo.TRN1 needs a "¼” Male bsb thread". Does this mean I might need two connectors or one with 3/8 on one side and 1/4 the other?

welcome robbie.......sounds as though you will be an asset to this family!!

Thanks! It arrived today and we made it to the Post Office just two minutes before closing so I'm stoked to have it!
Looking forward to getting lost like you did :)

Just need to sort out connectors now. I have a hose with the compressor that says "3/8" nitto fittings" on the label. My supplier said the Iwata Neo.TRN1 needs a "¼” Male bsb thread". Does this mean I might need two connectors or one with 3/8 on one side and 1/4 the other?
Thats a question for @Mr.Micron

Welcome from California, and I agree with there is not a lot of free time or hours in one day. But when there is no time we have to learn how to make time for the things that makes us happy.

Spent a few hours this weekend building this noise isolation box for my compressor. Didn't account for internal measurements on first few joins so had to tear it apart and start again, but all part of a fun & sometimes frustrating learning experience.

Having one-arm makes jobs like this a little tricky so I was glad I bought a few corner clamps when stocking up at the hardware store.

This is 15mm structural plywood, joined with 'Liquid Nails', screws and brad nails.
Internal will be lined with carpet, an exhaust and air intake powered by a computer fan.

Haven't hinged the door yet so no idea how effective it is, but we were already pleasantly surprised by the bearable noise of the compressor so I don't think it will be disappointing.

CuxlodW.jpg

Back