GSI Creos PS-270

S

Sali

Finally we are together!

My new GSI Creos PS-270 airbrush. I heard lots of good things about this airbrush but it was not until I held it in my hand that I knew how true those were. Excellent finish, very well built, smooth control and feels very much like my Iwata. Thanks to Chad of spraygunner.com for recommending this airbrush to me and replacing the poorly finished Badger Krome Jet with this beauty.

Attachments

• IMG_20190204_130746126.jpg
    IMG_20190204_130746126.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 56
how do you disassemble the mac valve on the body in case paint spills from the cup and winds up on the screw threads?

how do you disassemble the mac valve on the body in case paint spills from the cup and winds up on the screw threads?
Between the dial and the body there is a hex nut that keeps everything in. You can see it in the photo.

Ok folks, I need some help. I was very happy when I received my PS-270. However, workload prevented me from testing it until today. All I did was ran some water through and then sprayed fountain pen ink. I noticed that airbrush was working more like a single action brush, that is, the airbrush sprayed ink as soon as the trigger was depressed. There were no bubbles in the cup though. I know this problem happens when the needle is not seated well in the nozzle or if the nozzle is not clean enough. Well, it is a brand new airbrush and I had no reason to believe that nozzle or needle was dirty. At any rate, I took out the needle and wipe cleaned it with isopropanol and after putting everything back together, I sprayed 2-3 ml IPA through the airbrush. Then I tried to spray the ink again and same problem occurred, in fact this time the lines were wider. Using my 10x loupe I inspected the nozzle but couldn’t identify any cracks or something. What should I do? I already wrote to Chad if spraygunner.con and hopefully he will find a way to sort this out. In the mean time can somebody tell me if anything can be done to address the problem? Thanks.

in that case I bet it is the ink you are using it is made for pens and not for the airbrush and you are using a 0.2 nozzle so the pigments in the ink may well be to big for that nozzle

in that case I bet it is the ink you are using it is made for pens and not for the airbrush and you are using a 0.2 nozzle so the pigments in the ink may well be to big for that nozzle
Fountain pen ink really doesn't have pigments in it, and it's much more like water than paint. If anything, its too thin. Im not sure what would cause something too thin to cause spraying problems.

Thanks to Chad of spraygunner.com, I received the replacement needle and nozzle for my PS-270.

Back