gun problem

action

Young Tutorling
i m using iawat eclipse cs with auto air paint.....After weeks of using I started having paint coming out of gun when I push air trigger down when it should be air only at that point...paint comes out fine when I pull back..I ve cleaned the gun with airbrush cleaner and soap and water and even a little varsol...still fine spray of paint when I don t want it

Husky has got you on this one. The paint is coming out because the needle isn’t sealed against the nozzle. Give it a clean and double check it’s against the nozzle. Be sure not to push too hard though as it is possible to damage the nozzle. Seat it up against the nozzle, give it a little twist but don’t force it.

Yup... it is a dirty nozzle/needle... or your needle isn't seated properly!

Dirty/damaged nozzle
A jewellers loupe (magnifier) will help to see any damage

A good soak in Createx restorer (nozzle only) will make sure the nozzle is clean

You will find just doing a spray out at the end of the day does not really clean the nozzle due to as you paint micro layers of paint build up to a point that it will not allow the needle to seat properly or to a point that while you are trying to clear it it cracks.
Being you using auto air or any water base paint for that matter I suggest you picking up some Restorer 5619 and soak only the nozzle in it as it will swell and possibly damage any rubber seals .

I think the guys got you covered, but just in case you are having one of those "but I cleaned it" moments, (been there) undo the needle Chuck and gently move the needle back and forth by hand, if it feels spongy or doesn't move smoothly, then it isn't clean.

If you are 100% certain it is clean, then check how far the needle is sticking out the front of the nozzle. If it seems longer then your nozzle may have flared. (Also if it seems shorter, it's another sign the nozzle is dirty.) A flared nozzle will need replacing.

Once you have it sorted, get some createx 4012. Not only is it a great reducer, but after you've cleaned your brush run a little of this through, it's an awesome cleaner, and will get anything that's missed. Do it on white paper (or black if using white paint), and make sure it comes out clear. If it's not clear, it's not clean. Once you have your routine down, a couple of drops of 4012, will be all you need to keep things flowing.

Back