guys... airbrush is messing up

B

buttflyzzz

So the other day I was painting and my brush (renegade Krome) started spitting ALOT! To make a long story short, I have done everything.. cleaned 3 times, soaked in cleaner thinned paint.. up'd the air pressure... lowered air pressure and still spitting. So I cleaned it again last night now I am getting a large fluctuation you can see when spraying. (even with water) It started a whistling sound. I assume a clog somewhere... I don't know but I messed up my picture that I spent 2 days on (Again. second time doing the same picture) Thanks.

So the other day I was painting and my brush (renegade Krome) started spitting ALOT! To make a long story short, I have done everything.. cleaned 3 times, soaked in cleaner thinned paint.. up'd the air pressure... lowered air pressure and still spitting. So I cleaned it again last night now I am getting a large fluctuation you can see when spraying. (even with water) It started a whistling sound. I assume a clog somewhere... I don't know but I messed up my picture that I spent 2 days on (Again. second time doing the same picture) Thanks.

If it starts to whistle, then it's time to throw a tea bag in a cup, just kidding, lol

Seriously if it whistles this usually means there is a blockage or dried paint between the the nozzle and nozzle protector cap, there is a good chance that if you turn the air up you will also have bubbles in the cup (If it's gravity feed), you need to clean it again but be be very particular in the area mentioned, the tiniest particle can makes a monstrous difference and be very hard to see.

In general when I clean mine, I clean the problem areas 2 or 3 times to be sure, since an old man told me once "It's impossible to miss the same bit twice", and all the problem areas are at the front, if they were at the back your gun would be the wrong way round, lol

Do you use Qtips to clean your brush or anything hairy like a Qtip code if one of those microscopic F-ers get in your nozzle........ Good luck, lol!! You may as well place your nozzle down put a little paint thinner in it and set it on fire!!! Lol, just kidding, do not do that!!! But if you do video it and send it to me, lol!!!

Josh

Do you use Qtips to clean your brush or anything hairy like a Qtip code if one of those microscopic F-ers get in your nozzle........ Good luck, lol!! You may as well place your nozzle down put a little paint thinner in it and set it on fire!!! Lol, just kidding, do not do that!!! But if you do video it and send it to me, lol!!!

Josh

That is how I felt last night. I use an actual spray gun cleaning kit. Thanks.

If it starts to whistle, then it's time to throw a tea bag in a cup, just kidding, lol

Seriously if it whistles this usually means there is a blockage or dried paint between the the nozzle and nozzle protector cap, there is a good chance that if you turn the air up you will also have bubbles in the cup (If it's gravity feed), you need to clean it again but be be very particular in the area mentioned, the tiniest particle can makes a monstrous difference and be very hard to see.

In general when I clean mine, I clean the problem areas 2 or 3 times to be sure, since an old man told me once "It's impossible to miss the same bit twice", and all the problem areas are at the front, if they were at the back your gun would be the wrong way round, lol

Thanks MAD. i will try to clean it again and again. I was hoping it wasn't a damaged nozzle.

buttflyzz, is there anyway you could take some clear photos of the problem occuring? Would like to help...

I like to use a cheap set of artist brushes to clean my ABs such as the ones they sell at walmarts

I do this too, it really helps get into all the nooks and crannies, but it's a bugger when one of the hairs comes loose and stays in there, even worse when it suddenly shoots out onto your work, lol

I also have the cleaning kit and I use the cut off's of my smaller guitar strings for in the nozzle it's softer than an old needle and won't damage the nozzle.

Hi there, i had that whistling with my Neo airbrush back then, and suddenly it also didnt even spray water correctly. I was always cleaning it up good and flushing it and thought it should be clean.
But then i took the nozzle out and it was already pretty much clocked. I used my needle to gently remove the dried paint from the nozzle. After alot of that stuff came out the whislting sound was gone
and also the spray pattern was good again. Check out your nozzle holding into the light and also use a magnifying glass to see if its clean or dirty.

buttflyzz, is there anyway you could take some clear photos of the problem occuring? Would like to help...

I will try to do a youtube video and post the link when I get home. That pesky work thing is really starting to get in the way of my AB time.

Hi there, i had that whistling with my Neo airbrush back then, and suddenly it also didnt even spray water correctly. I was always cleaning it up good and flushing it and thought it should be clean.
But then i took the nozzle out and it was already pretty much clocked. I used my needle to gently remove the dried paint from the nozzle. After alot of that stuff came out the whislting sound was gone
and also the spray pattern was good again. Check out your nozzle holding into the light and also use a magnifying glass to see if its clean or dirty.

I like the whistling sound, it lets me know it's on and gives something to listen to since I don't have money for a radio and I can't sing either, If I carefully move the trigger up and down I can actually play some simple tunes, and my Evolution is even better since it can't do anything else and it sounds just bagpipes and makes me feel at home, and if I change it to the bigger needle I can lower the tone one full octave. lol

Back