H&S 2024 Line

rockanon

Gravity Guru
So H&S has released the 2024 ultra and evolution in Q4 this year to rave reviews. Several H&S sponsored youtubers have more than hinted at a new 2024 infinity release coming "Soon" as well.

I was considering picking up the Giraldez Infinity but don't love that it can't use the 5ml cup since the nose is shorter and trigger is more forward than a standard infinity. But it does look like a bit of a hybrid of the current Infinity and some of the 2024 updates.

I'm excited about the updates to the trigger, trigger travel, trigger spring housing and improved engineering, and the self-centering needle chuck on the ultra and evolution - I'm hoping the Infinity gets this same treatment.

I haven't heard much else as far as details other than Rob / Dred saying it's going to be "a game changer". Which I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it's caught my interest for sure.

Anyone else excited / anticipating the 2024 Infinity release?

Here are my initial thoughts on H&G's new Evolution 2024 -

When I opened the box, I noticed the insert is now foam and not the older black flocked vac-form. This is nice because you can modify the foam to store more parts more easily than the vac-tray.

The brush itself surprisingly weighty in the hand, I was expecting something lighter than my custom infinity but I'd say the weight feels closer to my Eclipse (HP-SBS). It feels very durable and the chrome and gold plating of the parts is absolutely flawless.

The business bits (tension spring housing, needle chuck, and trigger) all feel a little chunkier and a little easier to handle with less fear of losing little bits during disassembly.

The wider-pan trigger is very comfortable and easier to control, the updated trigger and tension spring housing engineering makes the trigger pullback simply glide. It's just so smooth.

The paint engagement is spot on and I think these improvements will put to rest any concerns around "fussy paint start" on H&S brushes.

I've been using the 0.25mm needle and it seems to be handling gentle and aggressive paint / air quite well. The added travel to the trigger really lets you flush paint between colors.

All and all this feels very solid and easily stands toe-to-toe performance wise with my Eclipse.

Very happy with the purchase.

-Rock

Attachments

• 20231223_121755.jpg
    20231223_121755.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231223_121812.jpg
    20231223_121812.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231223_121831.jpg
    20231223_121831.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231223_121939.jpg
    20231223_121939.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231223_122007.jpg
    20231223_122007.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231223_122054.jpg
    20231223_122054.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20231223_123303.jpg
    20231223_123303.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 46
So I took the new 0.45mm needle set from the evolution 2024 2-in-1 I bought and put it on my infinity cr+. I also used Dred's "add seals to the trigger spring rod" trick to improve trigger responsiveness.

After about a week of going back and forth between my "modified infinity" and the 2024 evolution.... i gotta say, I think I like the Evolution better.

It remains more responsive and more comfortable to use than the infinity.

Once the 2024 infinity is released, I may sell off my old infinity and upgrade to 2024 stock.

IMG_3706.jpeg
Merry Christmas
My wife had told me she had one more Christmas present for me but that it would arrive after Christmas. But no way I would of guessed this one. A Squidmar Evolution 2024 Black Edition.
It knocked me on my butt and I still can’t believe my wife pulled this one on me. To say I’m thrilled would be an Understatement. It’s the number 24 of 2000. can’t wait to try it out tomorrow after work. 🤪🤪🤪

View attachment 86444
Merry Christmas
My wife had told me she had one more Christmas present for me but that it would arrive after Christmas. But no way I would of guessed this one. A Squidmar Evolution 2024 Black Edition.
It knocked me on my butt and I still can’t believe my wife pulled this one on me. To say I’m thrilled would be an Understatement. It’s the number 24 of 2000. can’t wait to try it out tomorrow after work. 🤪🤪🤪
You lucky lucky thing, I am very jealous!! Thats a beauty :)

View attachment 86444
Merry Christmas
That's awesome!! Definitely am enjoying the new Evo for sure.

Thanks kingpin, I sure am lucky to have such a wife🤣🤣 Mid October I was watching the presentation of the new Evolution on YouTube and my wife asked me what I was watching so I showed her. I made a remark that I would love to have one of those Black Edition Evos. My wife said we will see how things go financially. I told her they were limited to 2000 pieces. She said oh what a shame. What she didn’t say is that she ordered one that night. I just thought it would stay a dream of mine till today. I never imagined my wife would order one behind my back and surprise me like this. I sure as hell had tears in my eyes but you should of seen the smile and joy in my wife’s face. So yes I guess I’m lucky.
👍😊

Congrats on the new brush Rock. It looks very nice. It's cool how you think one brush may compare to another then when you test them together you get surprised.

I'm interested in the story of the Custom Chameleon.

That is a great looking brush Nightwish. Congrats and it's fantastic your wife is willing to help you in your hobby.

Back