H&S 2024 Line

Yes you can get the fpc valve from Harder and Steenbeck separately, there are two versions of the fpc valve, one is Nickel plated the other chrome.

I'm not sure if it's an option, but I wonder if they sell the MAC Valve separately? H&S brushes are very modular.
H&S does sell their MAC valve separate they call it the fpc valve. The one they sell is the older design and not the new 2024 design that they use on the Squidmar black edition. They work the exact same way though so its only the external look of the fpc valve that has changed. Almost all online sellers of H&S airbrushes carry it.

Thanks guys for the info. I checked the prices and they are expensive for what they are IMO.... Around 38 USD for the nickel one and around 45 for the chrome version, in Europe that is.... Are they interchangeable? Is it just the plating that's different?

Thanks guys for the info. I checked the prices and they are expensive for what they are IMO.... Around 38 USD for the nickel one and around 45 for the chrome version, in Europe that is.... Are they interchangeable? Is it just the plating that's different?
Micron tips, smaller than a pencil eraser, run like 45-50 bucks! This isn't a cheap hobby once we're in the higher end brushes. 😅

I would guess that everyone of us has paid enough during learning to be gentle with their airbrush. I know that I have 🤣
But that is the way the Mandalorian would say. We all make mistakes at one or another time, but as long as you learn something from it everything is good 😎👍

Micron tips, smaller than a pencil eraser, run like 45-50 bucks! This isn't a cheap hobby once we're in the higher end brushes. 😅
Yes of course! Higher quality machining costs more money.
What I meant is that it would cost far less if bought included with the Squidmar Black Edition or if it was included in the other 2 in 1 sets.

Yes of course! Higher quality machining costs more money.
What I meant is that it would cost far less if bought included with the Squidmar Black Edition or if it was included in the other 2 in 1 sets.
Yeah that is the deal with all the two in one brushes, there is a bit of built in discount. Needle sets are around $53 here in the US. The 2 in 1 2024 Evolution makes around a $3 discount on the basic chrome one, so not much of a discount but a dollar is a dollar. The Squidmar brushes are never going to be a "deal" because part of that price is going to Squidmar, much like a signature guitar part of the profit goes to the artist.

I just saw one of these 2024 CR+ models in the flesh (not mine sadly) and the finish is stunning. It’s probably the nicest finish i I have seen on a brush.

Owner said he found the new trigger much more comfortable than the previous version too.

I just saw one of these 2024 CR+ models in the flesh (not mine sadly) and the finish is stunning. It’s probably the nicest finish i I have seen on a brush.

Owner said he found the new trigger much more comfortable than the previous version too.

Are you referring to the Evolution Cr+ 2024? I have been super impressed with this new version. I've been working with it a few days a week since I got it, and can only think of good things to say about it. The trigger is for sure improved over the last version. I made a few changes to mine, and the trigger is now about as good as anything I can think of. The last version of the trigger didn't respond much at all to the same changes...

Are you referring to the Evolution Cr+ 2024? I have been super impressed with this new version. I've been working with it a few days a week since I got it, and can only think of good things to say about it. The trigger is for sure improved over the last version. I made a few changes to mine, and the trigger is now about as good as anything I can think of. The last version of the trigger didn't respond much at all to the same changes...
Yes, I only got to hold it / look at it - I was buying a used compressor from someone - but the quality was obvious and the owner clearly thought highly of it, very similar to what you’re saying yourself.

Honestly I think Warwick and his team have been great for the airbrush industry, he found a under served market (modelers and miniature painters) and went after it with a gusto. It only makes me even more interested in the future releases.

New updates on the infinity 2024 have dropped on H&S's youtube channel:

Warrick covers the intention behind the Infinity and the purpose it intends to serve for the painting community. However he does not actually reveal the brush itself, unfortunately.

Sounds like the length of the front of the brush (from trigger to needle cap) has been reduced again, some big changes to the nozzle (mentioned but not revealed), engineering updates to help push single-pass opaque detail strokes with thicker paint while also keeping initial paint responsiveness high. Also sounds like they're including a sketch cap (from the Giraldez design) and possibly a way to adjust the weight of the brush to tune it to your liking.

Might be a trigger change too, but not much detail was given, only alluded to.

Talk about a hype video 😅 can't wait to see what they're up to.

So it way this morning. We'll see as I told Warrick. I'm interested in the new design nozzle. Be funny if it was a side cup feed. By shorting the front. Your cup really gets in the way. That's if you look from behind the cup. With side cup you don't have that problem. Again we'll see!

Back