H&S advice: Infinity or Evolution Silverline

G

godi

Hello

I'm just going to buy a new airbrush for use with plastic scale models replacing my old chinese BD-132.

I don't like too much to clean the airbrush so I choosed Harder & Steenbeck because I like is part design.
It's easy to get appart and get mounted again.

BUT I have found two good prices (i think) and I must choose between the Infinity CRplus 2in1 (200€) and the Evolution Silverline fcp 2in1 (145€)

I like the infinity "U" shaped half open needle cap, because I use Vallejo Model Air paints and I need to constantly clean dried paint in the needle. I think I can easily clean the needle pin with a wet tissue with this kind of cap.

The Evolution Silverline is cheaper and, I think, better to use solvents (now I'm only using acrylics but you never know). It has also the fcp air control included, although my compressor has an air pressure control to do that, so maybe I really don't need that.

Even I try to convince myself that I don't need so expensive airbrush I'm nearly decided to buy the Infinity.
Any advice to don't do it?
thanks

What I csn tell is that the Infinity head fitd the Evolution aswell. They all use the same nozzles and needles.

Yes, I know!! but the spare part cost will let the Evolution price so next to Infinity one that I don't know if this would have any sense

Hi,

Have an an infinity, colani and an Ultra.

If you only will use the brush for models the silverline is the a good choice.
The needle cap off the silverline is 2 parts so cleaning the needle is not that a big problem.

The internals are the same the difference is in the front piece. If you can get the infinity 2in1cr for €200 go for that one, you will have an extra needle (0.15 and 0.4) Distance cap. And the CR is a made off a thinker chrome so the sweat from your hand don't attack the chrome.
And it's the step up for fine arts.

Regards Mark

Hi

I'm near decided to go for the infinity.

When I talk about clean the needle is about do it while painting, without dismount the needle cap. As the paint dried very quickly in the needle pin, I must clean it every half a minute. The cap of the infinity seems fantastic for that (I think).

I have been using Vallejo acrylic (Model Air) direct from bottle, without any water of thinner. Maybe I should try to use something of that.

Thanks

I think Vallejo has an medium/thinner I reduce it with Autoair reducers and have medium tipdry say every 5 min with the heavy colours likeb black and white

Well, it seems I should try again with thinner.

All times I had tried I had had millipedes and spiders.
I'm sure the infinity I have just ordered will need less air pressure and is going to work a lot better

Auto Air is the more automotive line made by Createx, very similar to Wicked, but set to run in a full size spray gun, with more color varieties. Can be intermixed with Wicked with no issues, even takes the same reducers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i own an infinity and i will tell you that though is a very good airbrush, but it has certain things you have to take in consideration. first is a precision airbrush with illustration in the mind of the designers,second as a precision airbrush it needs a lot and i mean a lot of maintenance, just like a little kid,and as far as i know it doesn´t handle very good heavy paints. i have never done model painting but i guess, that for detail painting it will be great.

on the fact that you are having that kind of problems with the paint it is most problably that you have thinned to much your paint and you have a lot of pressure on your compressor, remember that no matter how good the airbrush is, the relationship between paint and pressure is critical for best results.so the more reduced or thinned the paint is, the less pressure you need. also you may be painting too close with the effects that you mention.

the silverline, i have not tried, but that should not deterred you if you are thinking to buy it, buy what you want, but remember that airbrushes are like cars, they all require love from the owner.

i hope that you enjoy your new airbrush and be able to do a lot of things that you were not able to do before.

Auto Air is the more automotive line made by Createx, very similar to Wicked, but set to run in a full size spray gun, with more color varieties. Can be intermixed with Wicked with no issues, even takes the same reducers.

Thanks, I don't remember to have seen that brand in Spain, but I'm very scale model centered, so maybe people use it for different works

i own an infinity and i will tell you that though is a very good airbrush, but it has certain things you have to take in consideration. first is a precision airbrush with illustration in the mind of the designers,second as a precision airbrush it needs a lot and i mean a lot of maintenance, just like a little kid,and as far as i know it doesn´t handle very good heavy paints. i have never done model painting but i guess, that for detail painting it will be great.

on the fact that you are having that kind of problems with the paint it is most problably that you have thinned to much your paint and you have a lot of pressure on your compressor, remember that no matter how good the airbrush is, the relationship between paint and pressure is critical for best results.so the more reduced or thinned the paint is, the less pressure you need. also you may be painting too close with the effects that you mention.

the silverline, i have not tried, but that should not deterred you if you are thinking to buy it, buy what you want, but remember that airbrushes are like cars, they all require love from the owner.

i hope that you enjoy your new airbrush and be able to do a lot of things that you were not able to do before.

Thanks for the advice

Yes I'm sure that I had a problem with the relation between my paint/thinner and pressure. I have been using a siphon airbrush, and I think it needed too much air. I'm only sure that it wasn't a cleaning problem, I have been veeeery careful with my airbrushes.

I'm really sure I'm going to change airbrush when I would only had needed more practice with the old one, but, what the hell, life is short

don´t discard your old airbrush, you may still use it for practice, and by the way i couldn´t help to smile at your last words :very_drunk: cheers!!!

Back