H&S advice needed

A

Amigafreak

Hi forum, i got the H&S evolution x size .4 but got trouble getting down in detail and fine lines

So my question is now, now that it is a suction feed brush, will it be able to take up paint with a .15 kit ?

also i got a suspicion that the paint slowly and just a bit glide back to the cup, so there goes just a bit of time beginning painting, if i pull back hard from start on a other paper there is a split second before it sprays and then the flow is continius... i guess thats the price for buttom-cup, can any confirm ?

thanks & love in advance :strawberry:

Hi Amigafreak,

Try reducing your paint 2:1 (2 reducer 1 paint) as a starting point and then reduce your air pressure (you will always need more pressure than a gravity fed gun) and that shouldl improve things. You are never going to get the same detail as say a H&S Infinity with a 0.15 needle set up. I can get some fine lines with my Iwata hp-bcs with 0.5 Not as fine as my H&S Infinity but pretty good! I believe the 0.15 set up will fit the evolution gravity fed so should in theory fit yours but not sure how well it would work with suction fed. Maybe a 0.2 or 0.3 set up might be a better all round choice.

Hope this helps

Andy

Oh ... with regards to reduction ... some of the guys on here reduce their paints up to 10:1 (10 reducer 1 paint)! so my suggestion of 2:1 is most definately a starting point!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the h&s evo 0.2. I reduce my paint by 10:1 or at least 6:1. it helps a lot with doing the soft details, somehow i cannot get used to illustration base, it just doesnt come out of the gun that smooth like with wicked reducer.

I have the h&s evo 0.2. I reduce my paint by 10:1 or at least 6:1. it helps a lot with doing the soft details, somehow i cannot get used to illustration base, it just doesnt come out of the gun that smooth like with wicked reducer.

Is it gravity or bottom feed?, Amigafreak wants to know how his bottom feed will perform with a 0.15 set up. I also have the evolution 2 in 1 but mine is gravity so I can't answer, but I am curious too, lol

mine its gravity feed, so propbably my answer wasnt helpfull :) but just a notice of my troubleshoots with reducers :)

darn, if nobody else has the wizdom, it ends up being my selve taking one for the team, and buy the kit :adoration:

Can any one help me do you know if you can use the wicked detail transparent reducer for standard opaque Createx colours to make them more transparent :confused::confused:

U can use it no problem. I reduce createx with with wicked reducer and also use illustration base to reduce it which makes it more transparent then they are

send by tapatalk 2 HTC one X

Hi Amiga, the 0.15mm needle nozzle setup should also work with the bottom feed airbrush, since you can also buy the Infinity as a bottom feed with the 0.15 mm setup. As mentioned you will have to reduce your paint quite alot
when you use the 0.15mm setup.

Back