H&S Evo 2in1 vs. Iwata Micron CM-SB2

I wouldn't call it an issue, it is just a bit annoying in specific situations. If I would read that I would never buy an Evo, but in reality it is a real good gun! There are just others which are better in certain situations.

Btw. I played around a bit with my Evo and there is a way to minimize that play! I always believed the trigger is in it's most front position, when not touching it, but that's not true! There is not much of a gap, but when I assemble it and push the trigger to the very front position before tightening the nut which holds the needle, the play is almost gone. :thumbsup: Just took me some year to figure that out.... :eek:ops: Will test if that changes anything in the Trigger behavior.

After cleaning the CM today, I realized one more difference between the two. On the Evo the needle sealing is much tighter and when cleaning I have much more paint on the needle on the CM. Also when flushing the airbrush with cleaner and it looks pretty clean. There is still quite some paint in it! Extreem example, if I use black, flush it and then use white, and mix paint in the cup with air, it gets grey. If I do the same on the Evo, white stays white.

I wouldn't call it an issue, it is just a bit annoying in specific situations. If I would read that I would never buy an Evo, but in reality it is a real good gun! There are just others which are better in certain situations.

Btw. I played around a bit with my Evo and there is a way to minimize that play! I always believed the trigger is in it's most front position, when not touching it, but that's not true! There is not much of a gap, but when I assemble it and push the trigger to the very front position before tightening the nut which holds the needle, the play is almost gone. :thumbsup: Just took me some year to figure that out.... :eek:ops: Will test if that changes anything in the Trigger behavior.

After cleaning the CM today, I realized one more difference between the two. On the Evo the needle sealing is much tighter and when cleaning I have much more paint on the needle on the CM. Also when flushing the airbrush with cleaner and it looks pretty clean. There is still quite some paint in it! Extreem example, if I use black, flush it and then use white, and mix paint in the cup with air, it gets grey. If I do the same on the Evo, white stays white.

If your trigger is seated properly, your trigger response should be pretty quick, just slightly less than the micron, but minimal.
I think you had the CM-SB, if you are using the same paint cup when switching from black to white, you may want to remove the bottom of the cup and clean it. Some residue gets stuck in there. On the SB brushes, there are also a few more crevices for paint to get stuck in between color changes. I know I get that problem occasionally with my Eclipse SBS, it's the most noticeable while switching to white.

Ok here's another fix I have found . The trigger spring is nice and soft suits me ,but that in its self may be part of the issue that some chat about . I decided to experiment and put a slightly firmer spring in . Result is there is no slop in the trigger when all is assembled and the chuck nut is tightened . Personally it was not an issue for me and after another few hours chucking paint about with it ,I am even more impressed with this gun .

Back