H&S Evolution

What do you mean you can't get single bottles? Both comart and CI come in singles.

They are available as single colours. Coast Airbrush have them, so its possible. Maybe the retailers in certain areas don't like stocking the entire range.

All paint needs to be 'dialled in' and what works today may not work tomorrow. That's where the warm up exercises come in hand. Warm up your trigger finger with dots and daggers and get a feel for how the paint is behaving on the day.

Spraygunner has single colors, as well as free priority shipping.

Love Spraygunner. he even shipped to Australia at a better international freight rate than anyone else (inc Coast). I got goods significantly cheaper from him (Shipping inc) than I could find here in Australia.

Thats who i got my needle and nozzel set from. I understand it needs to be dailed in daily, it was just yesterday was the first day i actually got it to behave for me. Im shooting it on a piece of formica right now and either I or the paint are doing fairly well.

Its a nice feeling when it all comes together and works. at least now you know it can be done, the hard bit is replicating it consistently

There are days where my stuff just doesn't want to play nice at all, especially when it raining ( I paint in my shed) so if I get no joy after an hour I clean everything up and go inside and pour a drink :) I don't know if its me/paint/mojo but there are days I just don't feel like doing battle. lol

I can understand that..i try to practice at least 4 hours a day. Tonight i hung it up early because i have to go into work 2 hours early.

What do you mean you can't get single bottles? Both comart and CI come in singles.

I should have said "can't find" single bottles, at the time I was using com-art I was living in the Netherlands and suppliers there had nothing other three different trial sets with 10 small 25 mil bottles, primary set, flesh tone set and weathering set, it was possible to find bigger loose bottles abroad but in my case shipping killed the desire to continue using it so I switched to e'tac which I could find in abundance 20 minutes from my house.

It's no secret that com-art and indeed other paints can be found in many other locations but unfortunately some us have restricted budgets and can't waste hard to come by dollars on shipping so sometimes our very location will determine the paints and materials we use.

I have since then returned to UK and there are a couple if suppliers here supplying every com-art colour in single bottles including 500 mil bottles.

It always baffled me that some suppliers who stocked only iwata airbrushes refused to stock it or even order in com-art despite it being an iwata product:(

Last edited:
I havent been able to find them in single bottles at any of the art stores here either and being im in san antonio there are pleanty art stores around.i will check out coast see what i can get.

I should have said "can't find" single bottles, at the time I was using com-art I was living in the Netherlands and suppliers there had nothing other three different trial sets with 10 small 25 mil bottles, primary set, flesh tone set and weathering set, it was possible to find bigger loose bottles abroad but in my case shipping killed the desire to continue using it so I switched to e'tac which I could find in abundance 20 minutes from my house.

It's no secret that com-art and indeed other paints can be found in many other locations but unfortunately some us have restricted budgets and can't waste hard to come by dollars on shipping so sometimes our very location will determine the paints and materials we use.

I have since then returned to UK and there are a couple if suppliers here supplying every com-art colour in single bottles including 500 mil bottles.

It always baffled me that some suppliers who stocked only iwata airbrushes refused to stock it or even order in com-art despite it being an iwata product:(

I had the same issue with Com-art and CI, but not with the cost as oz by oz they are cheaper that liquitex or national brands here, but I have to wait a month luckily to get them! And that kills me!!!
The same with H&S parts cheaper but long time before get them, so I changed to iwata as I can get them faster cause we have a representative here!
Shipping cost and time are shi......... :-(

But now I'm planning ahead!! Buy them allllllll!! :)

Well i couldnt find com art paint on spraygunner site, but i found them on coast web site.yay..will be olacing a order friday.

Rick

I had the same issue with Com-art and CI, but not with the cost as oz by oz they are cheaper that liquitex or national brands here, but I have to wait a month luckily to get them! And that kills me!!!
The same with H&S parts cheaper but long time before get them, so I changed to iwata as I can get them faster cause we have a representative here!
Shipping cost and time are shi......... :-(

But now I'm planning ahead!! Buy them allllllll!! :)

It certainly pays to stock up on spares, after a few mishaps and being left with nothing to work with I started to keep two spare needles and one spare nozzle for everything I had and then order replacements immediately if anything got damaged, we all know accidents happen, especially with clumsy bastards like me so plan ahead, lol

Last edited:
And my head is messing with me. Let me tell you a story about a little airbrush. I love this airbrush but im having a problem. My first stroke with air and paint goes great but w h en i release the paint it wants to push my finger up on the air. So tonight i tried a experiment and turned the compressor on, picked up the brush and simulated painting. Not once did my finger go up. Dont know what it is that causes me to do that with paint in the cup but i better find out.

try putting simulated paint in the cup and see if that makes a difference lol

or try putting water in it.... it will add weight to your hand and realism to your brain

Does this happen to everyone else. I thought the trigger spring was to heavy but now im thinking its not.

It does happen to everyone at the start, if you are using the tip of your trigger finger to control your trigger stop doing that, instead try using the back underside of your finger just in front of the first knuckle, this will give you more leverage, will be less tiring and will also give you more control, especially when controlling the paint to air ratio I mentioned before, practice this with the tutors dots intensity practice sheets, be prepared to amaze yourself as to just how easy you can make your own life, lol

I don't think it's just you. Every now and then I have a brain fart and start using the airbrush trigger the same as you would use a rattle can nozzle.

Give it time, it will happen at a pace where one day you'll notice and wonder when it became an automatic movement

Back