H&S Infinity CR Plus 2 in 1 nearly new with nozzle leak

B

BenTSH

Hi everyones ;)

After one dozen of use with acrylic, Mr surfacer or alkyde and acrylic/urethane paints I never had problem and since yesterday I have bubble in the paint cup ( even at 15PSI ) so I've changed the nozzle's teflon seal and I still have the problem with the 0.4 but It seems too with my new 0.15 which has not been used with paint :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::D

If I quit the O-ring of the air cap to tighten it more and the nozzle's seal too I can reduce the bubbles but they are still annoying :thumbsdown:

So if it is not the seal would it be possible that it was the main body of the airbrush with a problem ???
I see there is a part inside the main body between the cup and the front cavity where the nozzle goes ( it is where the paint goes through ) but it is in addition into its side where is machinised the "air pipe" ( there is a small side rectangular hole ) so would it be possible there is a leak here ?
If I quit the nozzle and air cap I don't feel air in the cup but it is not a good test and it is hard to test it perfectly ( by closing up totally the air and paint pipes and looking if there is bubbles ) as I need to find a same screw as the air cap...

I like the Infinity because it is easy to clean and don't have the nozzle with a screw system like Iwate which afraid me a little but it seems it was maybe a wrong choice...

Thanks by advance :thumbsup:

Hi everyones ;)

After one dozen of use with acrylic, Mr surfacer or alkyde and acrylic/urethane paints I never had problem and since yesterday I have bubble in the paint cup ( even at 15PSI ) so I've changed the nozzle's teflon seal and I still have the problem with the 0.4 but It seems too with my new 0.15 which has not been used with paint :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::D

If I quit the O-ring of the air cap to tighten it more and the nozzle's seal too I can reduce the bubbles but they are still annoying :thumbsdown:

So if it is not the seal would it be possible that it was the main body of the airbrush with a problem ???
I see there is a part inside the main body between the cup and the front cavity where the nozzle goes ( it is where the paint goes through ) but it is in addition into its side where is machinised the "air pipe" ( there is a small side rectangular hole ) so would it be possible there is a leak here ?
If I quit the nozzle and air cap I don't feel air in the cup but it is not a good test and it is hard to test it perfectly ( by closing up totally the air and paint pipes and looking if there is bubbles ) as I need to find a same screw as the air cap...

I like the Infinity because it is easy to clean and don't have the nozzle with a screw system like Iwate which afraid me a little but it seems it was maybe a wrong choice...

Thanks by advance :thumbsup:
If you have tried both nozzles with the matching head, it would have to point to the body.

There is also a possibility the threads on the heads or inside the body have a defect that won’t allow them to seat properly.

well I'm agree, I can see around 0.5 to 1mm of the nozzle "outside" of the air cap so I think it is quite good ?

And the white seal seems compressed well when I check it after a test

I've just asked to H&S the screw thread size to test the body

well I'm agree, I can see around 0.5 to 1mm of the nozzle "outside" of the air cap so I think it is quite good ?
That’s normal. The nozzles just barely stick out of the cap. I know I’ve always benefited from tightening the air cap a bit extra, but your situation sounds like a manufacturing problem.

Can you see any defects around the hole where the nozzle seal sits? Maybe uneven surface or a burr?

Better than a speech :D here is the Infinity quickly;) modelized in Solidworks: the green area is a normal chamfer ( I suppose ) and in the yellow square the air "pipe" AND the red part I suppose is not machinized with the main body and is an additional part AND maybe here is where the air leak until the paint cap
????

infinity2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s normal. The nozzles just barely stick out of the cap. I know I’ve always benefited from tightening the air cap a bit extra, but your situation sounds like a manufacturing problem.

Can you see any defects around the hole where the nozzle seal sits? Maybe uneven surface or a burr?

No I don't; it seems quite ok

The box you have indicated by the yellow rectangle is the air passage through the brush body. If you have bubbles in your cup, and the nozzle is in good condition, it is the teflon seal at nozzle base. Teflon is easily compressed, and will not return to shape the way rubber does. If a seal were over-tightened, and compressed, it will no longer seal under normal conditions. Replace your teflon seal, and just snug the head cap on.

air-passage2.jpg

I'll also add - manufacturing flaws do happen, but at a rate that is small enough to be insignificant - now, operator error - this is usually where problems are solved.

Last edited:
Well I have allready change the teflon seal as indicate in my first message ;)

Very good picture :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Few monthes ago I would kill to find one like this in order to decide which brand I will buy :D

Well I have allready change the teflon seal as indicate in my first message ;)

Very good picture :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Few monthes ago I would kill to find one like this in order to decide which brand I will buy :D
It is possible the teflon is undersized (I have gotten a few that were thinner than others), so just pick another one.

for the moment I've found the good tightening setting :thumbsup:

But now it is the alclad prismatic ( the blue and the holo ) render which are very disappointed :cry::cry::cry: I hope it is not the fact I not dismounted the airbrush for cleaning between the black gloss underlayer and the 2 prismatics... I've used the alclad cleaner but maybe it is not enough ?

I can not tell you how long it may be between times that I take a brush apart for cleaning... most times, it is your reduction, or air pressure.

with acrylic I can be agree but I use cellulosic pre thinned paint and they are very sticky and quickly so I'm a newbee and wondering if those kind of paint it is not necessary to dismount and clean.

But as they dry fast it is more a problem of blockage than melting between colors even if they are pre thinned so the old colors sticking right into the airbrush can maybe melt with the thinner inside the next color ???

with acrylic I can be agree but I use cellulosic pre thinned paint and they are very sticky and quickly so I'm a newbee and wondering if those kind of paint it is not necessary to dismount and clean.

But as they dry fast it is more a problem of blockage than melting between colors even if they are pre thinned so the old colors sticking right into the airbrush can maybe melt with the thinner inside the next color ???
well, after about 30 years and hundreds of brushes later, I pretty much have tried it all... But, you could be right :thumbsup:

maybe I could ( need to open the airbrush for clean as maybe I was not sure to explain right, sorry ) but probably experience win :thumbsup::)

but now it is the polyurethan varnish which eat the alclad :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: whereas not with acrylic-urethan paint :rolleyes:

I have encountered this incident. When I clean AB, I dropped nozzle. The bubbles occurrd in paint cup. There is no damage on nozzle but teflon seal lose shape. I try to move seal out of nozzle a little bit. It’s work! No bubbles in paint cup. If it’s still bubbles. You’d try to reverse seal and test it. If It’s not then buy a new one.

Last edited:
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but are you sure you’ve thoroughly cleaned it? There’s no residue in the nozzle or the needle channel? The needle is traveling as you pull the trigger?

Just thought I’d check if you covered other possibilities.

none question is stupid ;)

but yes I had cleaned many hours as I thought it was that but after many many cleaning it seems it is the rubber seal on the air cap: I've quit it and not it seems there is much less bubble but still a few...

I'm going to see if there is not something else instead of teflon and rubber; there so much improvement in new high tech materials :thumbsup:

If you only give air and you have bubbles.
it is usually your seal.
or a split in the nozle
If you get bubbles when you pull the needle back.
Is it something in front of the airbrush.
Wrong air cab (loose) / wrong needle damaged nozle.

Back