[SOLVED] H&S Infinity..would like to throw out of the window....

R

reset

I am really p..... off with my Infinity!

I can't draw a line several times, because the paint will stop or getting less.
It is even not possible to get the paint at the same trigger-position several times done.
It will always have another position. And if i pull a little further it will spit a spot and then i will get a line.
So dam what is all this.

I ask H&S about this problem and they send me a new needle.
I put it right into my airbrush and was so happy, but what is this.
It is getting worse than before. Now i have the same problem as described above and further the paint gets like a milkshake!
Know the paint will sometimes not stop when i release the trigger and have to force the needle with power into the nozzle to stop that.
Every point of the needle from H&S that i have bought is not high quality standard.

At this time in have tried three needles and two nozzles. And have still those problems.
And please no talk about color or thinning the paint.
And no talk about the air pressure!
And please no talk about correct cleaning.

I DID ALL THOSE THINGS VERY ACCURATE!!!!

So has someone an idea before i throw those things out of the window.
I only want to spray even and at the same trigger-position every time. ......I will only spray and not cleaning every 30 second.

Is there any needle or nozzle on this world witch really is functional and every time at the same standard?

H&S infinity are german engineered and it doesn't sound like an airbrush problem it sounds like a paint problem - i wouldn't be looking at how much you're thinning out your paint my question is 'what paint are you using????'.
by the sounds of it your paint has clumps in it... you can get build up of binder etc. so what paint brand are you using? don't be hard on the infinity if you've replace the needle and nozzle then it won't be the airbrush! Try spraying water with a bit of food dye through and have a look at the result.
if you've forced the needle to go into the tip, this will ruin the tip also.. please don't do that!
be good to your airbrush and it will be good to you Reset.. I've had plenty of airbrush problems and 3/4 of them were from the paint.

I'm sorry to hear about your plight. All I can tell you is my Infinity only gives me those results when the airbrush has gunk in the nozzlecap(making air blow back into the cup), and when I don't reduce enough.(I know)

And I have ruined both needles and nozzles trying to be too aggressive. It takes a gentle touch with a soft precision pieces of brass, and their needles are ridiculously soft.
All things considered, it's the smoothest running airbrush I have, compared to my Iwata, Paasche's or knock-offs. All with the same paint(reductions change),compressor, everything. Stick with it, it's the consistency of my Infinity that sets it above all my other airbrushes.

dont push the needle to hard. i have a badger velocity and pushed needle to hard and it split the nozel. i couldnt see it unless i used a 6x mag. ive only been ab for about 3 months now. i was very fusteated at first tell i wasnt scared to reduce my paint. i like wicked detail colors and reduce sometimes 1 to 6 or more life is better now lol.

Thanks for you replies.
@ Airbrushtutor, i use Schminke color an have thinned 1(color):1(water). So it was very thin. This way i had to to several times to get a good cover of the paint.
It is impossible to thin it more.
Also i use Lukas-color (illu).

My problem is, that the point where the paint will come out of the airbrush is not at the same trigger-position.
So it is impossible for me to get a good job.
Lines are nearly impossible, because paint will stop.

And yes, i am nearly to try a Iwata.
I saw it live on a teaching leasson, where the Iwata spray and spray and spray.
And two guys how used a Infinity need to clean all the time!!!

So why is it posible that when the trigger is released still paint come out of the nozzle.
Could it be the paint that impeded that the needle can't close the nozzle?

Could it be that your needle isn't being gripped properly? So when you pull back, the needle slips and could maybe slip differently every action, giving you different paint release points? And/or letting paint out when it supposed to be closed.... A thought anyway :)

I think the nozzle is flared out and you needle is not seating properly because your needle is actually going in past its normal spot and wont line up correctly. I went through the same thing with my devilbiss dager. Changed needle and nozzle and it work like a dream.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

H&S sell a a cleaning tool for getting paint out of the nozzle, it's milled to the exact shape as the inside of the nozzle, but has a cut-away so it can(and I hate to use this word) "scrape" out any paint inside. It sounds bad but it's machine fit. That will keep you from splitting the nozzle, by trying to push paint through.

I have one but there is no part number on it and I can't find it online, call the supplier you got the airbrush from, they will know. That will stop bits of paint from holding the needle from seating, giving you paint without pulling the trigger. They also have a "pipe-cleaner" type tool made just for the Infinity(I don't know if that's what they call it where you live, it's a fuzzy, bendable, cleaning stick. That will help clean the nozzle cap, so you won't get air blowing back into the cup. Here is mine...

201_1335.jpg

And as far as cleaning more than my Iwata...only if I try using something besides Wicked Detail or urethanes. I use the .15 nozzle, AutoAir and Createx don't spray nearly as well, due to larger pigment sizes. And I do see a difference even with the .4 nozzle(I think that's the size)

Before you give up on a great airbrush, I would order the smallest bottle of Wicked Detail you can get and at least try it (and you can reduce it way more than 1 to 1, I sometimes use 4 parts reducer to 1 part paint). Urethane paint will also give you none of the dry paint problems that come with waterbased paints, if you have really good ventilation and a good respirator. My Infinity (and all my airbrushes, for that matter) is at it's best when I use urethanes, without question.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't put it better than ProperlyStained - exactly what he said.
The only addition i can make - what your problem saund slike is in fact a clogged tip. When you pull back on the trigger and the paint comes out at different points it's normally because you have something stuck in the tip.. a little granule of binder or clump of pigments. It is common and if you want to fix it right away then do this:

on a clean, white surface - remove the needle and tip from the airbrush and hold onto these two parts only.

holding the tip in one hand and the needle in the other, i want you to slowly push the needle into the tip - very slowly and gently. If it doesn't go in - don't force it! If it doesn't go in, then you know that you have something stuck in your tip and this is the problem. I have this problem at least once a month.. to fix it i work the needle in and out of the tip, scraping the sides GENTLY! it takes about 5 minutes and you should continuously wet it with your water bottle. within these five minutes you should start to see a a clump of junk emerging from the tip. keep going until the needle sits into the tip evenly. it shouldn't feel cushioned or rubbery, but instead like metal on metal.
Unfortunately, these are the two most delicate parts of the airbrush, and after having this problem 3 - 4 times - it will expand/ crack your tip.
only way to avoid this problem is to strain your paint and clean well after use. I'm too lazy to strain my paint so have to put up with buying new parts.
let me know if this is what the problem was:friendly_wink:

So big THX to you for the great help and explanation.
Here is a Photo of my needle...P1020155.jpg

And here you can see why i am so angry. I got stuck for over a week and can not finish this painting!P1020150.jpg

And on this project i have to spend five days because of my airbrush (thats a pain, and lees fun)!P1020165.jpgP1020166.jpgP1020160.jpg
Look at the third picture (the ant) and you can see here my problem at the eye. I can brush such fine lines, but no way to to with my airbrush. Had to do a stencil for this easy job.

Hope you like my drawings (but don't forget i am a 3week beginner).

So again....BIG THX for you help

Hi reset, i had the same problem with my Neo for Iwata last week, and it was the same problem as Mitch described. My nozzle was kinda clocked up and when i stuck the neede inside and turned it slowly
a paint junk was coming out on the front of the nozzle. Since that time it works great again. Also one thing in the german forums alot of people are bitching about the white from Schmincke that its bad to spray
and clocks up fine nozzles alot. I changed my white from Schmincke to Hansa Pro Color now and i think it works better. I also have the H&S Evolution Silverline with the 0.15mm noozle needle setup but havent
had problems with that so far. I hope you were able to fix the problem.

That's some nice work for only airbrushing for 3 weeks Reset.

Hope you've solved your airbrush problems.

So, today i got my new nozzle and needle! Great.
So i tried several other colors and figured out, that the color white with the color blue and black after five minutes like a milkshake transforms.
No idea why that happens.

And thanks to all, it was not my Infinity, but the color.
Never noticed the problem, because when i mixed the color everything was all right. But after those five minutes it getting thick and as described some kind of rubber-nes!!

"Now i LOVE my INFINITY again (and you guys).
And it will get everyday a big hug from me...:triumphant:

Glad it wasnt the Infinity, but still kinda strange about the Schmincke colors since i also use them and never had that issue :S .
Do you shake your bottles alot before you fill it up your airbrush so the pigments are mixed up well again?
If you wanna try out other paints you should try the Hansa pro colors since i think they are great.

Sorry Problem still not solved !!!!

i put some pictures into my account under Infinity in my album.
So you can make yourself a picture of my problem.
Sorry, i have no idea to upload my vids.

here the fast link ----> http://www.airbrushforum.org/album.php?u=216

Greetings
reset

Last edited by a moderator:
After checking out your work, it makes me sad that you still have this problem, I truly wish I knew how to help and feel useless because I can't.

Is it not possible to send it back to the factory to have it checked, it's unusual to have this kind problem with such a big name, and I'm sure they would help you just to protect their name.

Sorry Problem still not solved !!!!

i put some pictures into my account under Infinity in my album.
So you can make yourself a picture of my problem.
Sorry, i have no idea to upload my vids.

here the fast link ----> http://www.airbrushforum.org/album.php?u=216

Greetings
reset

I left some comments on the pictures in your album, but I'll reiterate here. Something is very wrong, I went and got my giant magnifying lens and checked my Infinity. My nozzle has much, much less space between the nozzle and the aircap, it's also centered. It(my nozzle) also doesn't protrude out of the aircap as far as yours seems to. Maybe e-mail these pictures to them.

geh zu deinem dealer und lass dir ne neue geben oder lass sie ein schicken. auf so einen scheiss hätte ich keine lust, sollen die sich damit rum ärgern.. bei deim preiß darf sowas nicht passieren wenn ich mir die pistole so ansehe und wie die nadel aussieht nach der kurzen zeit haua ha.. deine nerven dein geld... nö.. schön abgeben und richten lassen.. ohne wenn und aber dazu jibbet garantie!

geh zu deinem dealer und lass dir ne neue geben oder lass sie ein schicken. auf so einen scheiss hätte ich keine lust, sollen die sich damit rum ärgern.. bei deim preiß darf sowas nicht passieren wenn ich mir die pistole so ansehe und wie die nadel aussieht nach der kurzen zeit haua ha.. deine nerven dein geld... nö.. schön abgeben und richten lassen.. ohne wenn und aber dazu jibbet garantie!

@Mika... wirst es nicht fassen, H&S schrieben mir zurück und das wortwörtlich "Leider sind wir zu dem Ergebnis gekommen, dass wir die von Ihnen empfundenen Mängel
nicht abstellen können und damit unsere Möglichkeiten an dieser Stelle erschöpft sind." Stell dir bitte einmal vor das die sagen, daß dieses nur von mir empfundene Mängel sind.

Also von mir ein klares NEIN zu Harder und Steenbeck. Das ist Kundenbeleidigung und kein Kundeservice!
Anwalt wurde eingeschaltet!

Gruß reset

Back