H+s vs cmcplus

P

precision image

Looking at getting the h+s infinity 2 in 1 set up. I use iwata cmc+ and eclipses at the mo but want that supr fine detail? Anyone gone from cmc's to the .5 mm h+ s infinity?
If so what more detail can you get? I want to be able to paint a car on a fingernail.

I have a cm-sb and the infinity solo 0.15 and to be honest both are as good as each other, I feel it is all about getting the reduction right, I certainly don’t think the £100 pounds difference in price is justified, I’ve been painting about a year now and if I was starting again I would defiantly buy the infinity again.
look forward to this car being painted on a finger nail……lol

Regards Tony

P.S
infintiy cost £139.00 the iwata cm-sb cost £240.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at getting the h+s infinity 2 in 1 set up. I use iwata cmc+ and eclipses at the mo but want that supr fine detail? Anyone gone from cmc's to the .5 mm h+ s infinity?
If so what more detail can you get? I want to be able to paint a car on a fingernail.

I have a H&S evolution 2 in 1 (bought on-line), but about 2 or 3 weeks after buying it I found a shop nearby with everything for the airbrusher, I asked them about spares for H&S and they told me they do not stock anything for these because any airbrush from Iwata will do the job just as good and at a much lower price, H&S airbrushes are beautiful but it still doesn't justify the extreme price difference.

My advice if you want more detail simply look for an Iwata with smaller needle, at the end of the day it's your choice, but the price difference could buy you could of bottles of paint.

At the very least compare the prices before you buy.

I have a H&S evolution 2 in 1 (bought on-line), but about 2 or 3 weeks after buying it I found a shop nearby with everything for the airbrusher, I asked them about spares for H&S and they told me they do not stock anything for these because any airbrush from Iwata will do the job just as good and at a much lower price, H&S airbrushes are beautiful but it still doesn't justify the extreme price difference.

My advice if you want more detail simply look for an Iwata with smaller needle, at the end of the day it's your choice, but the price difference could buy you could of bottles of paint.

Thats strange since the spare parts for all H&S are much cheaper here in germany then for any Iwata airbrush. One nozzle for my Neo costs about 39 Euros here and for a Infinity its 15 Euros.
So it get almost 3 nozzles for my H&S for the prize of one nozzle for the Neo. Also the spare parts for my Iwata Eclipse SBS are more expensive. Not to mention a 5 ml cup, H&S 9.50 Euros
and for the Neo 50 Euros.

Thats strange since the spare parts for all H&S are much cheaper here in germany then for any Iwata airbrush. One nozzle for my Neo costs about 39 Euros here and for a Infinity its 15 Euros.
So it get almost 3 nozzles for my H&S for the prize of one nozzle for the Neo. Also the spare parts for my Iwata Eclipse SBS are more expensive. Not to mention a 5 ml cup, H&S 9.50 Euros
and for the Neo 50 Euros.

I meant the full airbrush, not just the parts, I haven't used mine yet so I haven't had to have parts, I live in Holland and everything is expensive, but in the shop I mentioned Iwata airbrushes and parts are cheaper, the shop refuses to stock H&S airbrushes and parts until H&S reduce the price, they have every other make of airbrush except these, and after looking around there is a big price difference, I been in Germany and I know the shops there are simply honest.

thanks guys, im not worried about price at all, just want to know if i will be able to get a finer line than my .3 set up on the micron cmc plus

I meant the full airbrush, not just the parts, I haven't used mine yet so I haven't had to have parts, I live in Holland and everything is expensive, but in the shop I mentioned Iwata airbrushes and parts are cheaper, the shop refuses to stock H&S airbrushes and parts until H&S reduce the price, they have every other make of airbrush except these, and after looking around there is a big price difference, I been in Germany and I know the shops there are simply honest.

Oh ok sorry, was misreading and thought you ment the prices for spare parts.

And precision, i think it depends. You can do alot of very fine details with a 0.3 setup very close to a 0.15 setup. But with the 0.15 Infinity you can get the same fine details a little easier with less effort.
With the 0.3mm you have to get a little closer to the artwork and have to have a tad better controll of your brush i would think. But if you get as confident with the Infinity i think you can really get
a bit finer details then.

Oh ok sorry, was misreading and thought you ment the prices for spare parts.

And precision, i think it depends. You can do alot of very fine details with a 0.3 setup very close to a 0.15 setup. But with the 0.15 Infinity you can get the same fine details a little easier with less effort.
With the 0.3mm you have to get a little closer to the artwork and have to have a tad better controll of your brush i would think. But if you get as confident with the Infinity i think you can really get
a bit finer details then.

No problem, as I said in Germany the shops are just honest, I've worked here in Holland with a lot of German painters who lived here and they all brought their food and drink with them because it was so expensive here.

I agree with what you say about detail, a finer tip is not necessarily easier to use and will only produce finer detail when you know how to use it, at the moment I use 0.2 and 0.3, I have a 0.15, but I can't do thing with it (yet), it will certainly require skills I din't yet have.

I'm in Canada and the harder and Steinbeck brushes and parts are much cheaper than iwata especially in the upper priced models like the hp high lines and microns. My infinity plus only cost me $255 at Chicago airbrush and a micron of any model is way more like $450+ to $ 600 in the U.S. And Canada. I bought a cm-b in the 90's for $245 plus I bought a extra head assembly for $50 ! Lol now that same brush today is $450+ and the extra head assembly is $176 U.S. The whole problem is , the price went up double and more ,the airbrush is still the same cm-b lmao I love iwata dearly but they have priced their upper line of airbrushes ab it through the roof. You can get an Olympus micron in the U.S now for cheaper. A new needle , nozzle and air cap kit is only $45-50 dollars for an infinity crplus , a micron nozzle is almost that much alone.

The price is the reason Im thinking about the Olympus, I just can't see spending all that money for the cm! But this is a hobby for me and not a business.

Back