Hairy Skull

M

Madbrush

I decided to have a little practice doing hair texture to avoid doing this with a brush in the future.

Instead of boring myself to death with simple practice I thought it would be nice to have something to practice on so I opted for a skull and ended up with a hairy skull, which I found rather funny and effective, kind of reminds of tales from the crypt.

It's handy practice if you have something to put hair onto.

And note that this is not a self portrait, this guy has way more hair, lol

View attachment 2472

This is on a piece of cardboard not much bigger than A4 size, done with a 0.3 tip, and no reference, just messing around freehand.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats actually pretty cool madbrush, kinda looks like bigfoot

Thanks ran, it was just messing about, but I wanted to practice the hair texture so that can use it on the next tiger, I find that doing the hairs with a brush takes too long and it's also way too sharp, might be different if everything was done with the brush, but I think it will be better if everything is done with the airbrush.

The practice has paid off, I'm now confident that I can succeed on the real thing, so although this is nothing special, it certainly boosted my skills some.

Good work on the hair exercise, to me it kinda looks like the Grinch lol :)

Good work on the hair exercise, to me it kinda looks like the Grinch lol :)

Now that you say it, I have to agree, it was fun to do, I didn't dare attempt it on something important but it has given me some confidence.

I might even have another try at the same thing on something worth keeping, I like the effect.

Thats a really good idea MB and may I ask how did you get my mother in-law to sit still for so long to have her portrait done!!!!!
Good stuff mate.

Thats a really good idea MB and may I ask how did you get my mother in-law to sit still for so long to have her portrait done!!!!!
Good stuff mate.

My Mother in Law died 20 years ago, but fortunately My sister in law is the spitting image, although she did have to shave for this sitting, I had nowhere near enough paint to do all her hair, lol

My Mother in Law died 20 years ago, but fortunately My sister in law is the spitting image, although she did have to shave for this sitting, I had nowhere near enough paint to do all her hair, lol
Dang you should have called I woulod have sent the extra paint..........LMAO
That is a cool concept and noting like just throwing paint with no reason but for practice and to see where your mind takes you.

Dang you should have called I woulod have sent the extra paint..........LMAO
That is a cool concept and noting like just throwing paint with no reason but for practice and to see where your mind takes you.

Thanks Mr M, as silly as it was, it helped loads with my third tiger, ideal practice, and a more fun way to practice dagger strokes.

And thank you for your kind offer, but I don't think I could handle another sitting, lol

Back