For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

**happy new year**

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by GeeDonV, Dec 31, 2017.

1. GeeDonV

GeeDonV Needle-chuck Ninja

its been a while since im not checking on the forum, it maybe a couple of months already. lately ive been struggling with a "losing interest" with ab, i dont have any idea what caused it and why, and today ive picked up my sketch book and a pencil started to sketch randomly, and a few hours later it walks me to my small studio@painting room. yet still not pick up the ab or started a air comp, wonder if keeping all the stuff inside a box and seal or i shall be motivated enough to push down for air and pull back for paint.
    jord001 likes this.
  2. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Art comes from within us in different ways- perhaps your inspiration is just being expressed in pencil form right now? But if you want to keep your airbrushing alive, set them up ready to go- out of sight, out of mind. If you gotta stare at em and move them, one day you will be like "I miss doing that".
    jord001 and GeeDonV like this.
  3. GeeDonV

cant disagree with you, i dont think its worth for me to get in those "missing doing that" situation, 1 thing that would be a positive approach came across my mind is i need a new input in ab that might sparks everything again, yet still that "input" remain unknown, Anyway thanks for your kind words my friend, i cant thank you enough for it.
    jord001 likes this.
  4. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Maybe It's not what you want to do in your art at this time in your life,There's a few People on the forum who have had that happen to them due to things in life getting in the way or Just didn't enjoy it anymore due to Pressure of airbrushing for everyone else and not them self's any more. It happen's to the best of us, sounds like your in a rut when it comes to airbrushing?Take time away from it for a while and we hope you pick up the airbrush again in say a few week's or maybe even if it takes you a few years there's no set limit to how long you take off! There's new people on this forum who haven't picked up there airbrush in twenty year's only to pick it up and enjoy it once again! But It's up to you nobody else! Just don't get rid of it just yet Think about it?
  5. GeeDonV

when it comes to "things in life had getting in the way" seems to makes a sense the most. while working my approaches to start picking up an ab again, seem like making me realized that having a break for about 2 months before had answers most of it, i cant deny that im really into ab and how much im having a good time while doing it, even how hard i tried to told myself that get rid of it would make things much better deep inside i knew it was so wrong, maybe it was a sign that i might be back on this short time. Anyway thank you very much for the encouragement, i knew im makin a right things to make this treads instead of simply givin up, there is none others community would understand a total ab things other than ab forum.
    thank you very much again.
    jord001 likes this.
  6. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

When I was in that way not so long ago I gave myself time away and then after almost two years I started dabbling in other mediums and soon the airbrush was back in my hand. And the Lord spoke to my heart and I found a new purpose for my airbrush art. Praise the Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fredaw61
  7. GeeDonV

finally i can be sure that it not just happened to me, and it makes me saw this matter as a common among those who does aB. again, it makes it more clear that the best cure is takin some time away. today i spent half a day to rearrange my work space and still on going but so far i had a pretty impressive feels while enjoying a fresh space. hope that im on the right track.
    jord001 likes this.
  8. Clive Stevens

Clive Stevens Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I stepped away from airbrushing for at least a year recently, just didn’t ‘feel’ it anymore.
    I ended up doing a lot of pencil drawing, even dabbled in painting with different mediums (coffee etc), but a month or so ago I felt the ‘urge’ to airbrush again. And am enjoying it again.

What am I saying................ I’m saying, if your livelihood doesn’t depend on airbrushing, stepping away from it until you feel it again is fine. Do something else, but don’t try and force it.