Harder and steenback infinity cr plus trigger response!

Keifer smeaton

Double Actioner
I am have just bought a h&s infinity and have realised that the trigger response is very sluggish as In when I release the trigger paint continues to stay for a split second. I think it might have something to do with the triple seal inside gripping the needle it does feel a little tight as I push the needle in. Is this normal for this airbrush or will it loosen up in time as I only have used it for one day. Just would be happy with this if it continues.

I just picked up the same airbrush a week ago. My results have been the same, and I do attribute it to the extra needle seals inside the body. The needle has to pass through 3 seals instead of the normal 1, so there is more friction. I have been lubing the needle every time I take it out for cleaning, and it has improved slightly. I also cranked the trigger spring adjuster (I made that term up) all the way down, which helps the needle return more quickly, but also makes the trigger pull heavier. Luckily, I'm novice enough that it doesn't really affect what I'm painting. Honestly, a few minutes into painting and I don't even notice it.

That said, being in the same position, I'm curious to hear responses from others.

Last edited:
I did see someone say that it loosens up within a week or so. I really hope so because I do find it a nuisance when Feathering or doing dagger strokes the paint keeps coming when you let go which is a pain really. I have an iwata cmc and it’s a lot more responsive in this way.

Hi, I have an Infinity,too. Sounds like the needle seal is a little too tight. Would back it off just a little bit and see how it performs. By “little bit” I mean a 1/16 of a turn. Test with water to save time on cleaning. Rinse and repeat as necessary. The seals are Teflon. I’m hoping they weren’t overtightened as they don’t tend to spring back much if at all when compressed.
Good luck!

Hi, I have an Infinity,too. Sounds like the needle seal is a little too tight. Would back it off just a little bit and see how it performs. By “little bit” I mean a 1/16 of a turn. Test with water to save time on cleaning. Rinse and repeat as necessary. The seals are Teflon. I’m hoping they weren’t overtightened as they don’t tend to spring back much if at all when compressed.
Good luck!
Thank you that did make a difference. never thought of this! Appreciate it

Glad to help :) The Infinity is a great airbrush as long as you are careful and make sure things are adjusted properly. True of any airbrush really. Mine works wonderfully well with the 0.4 set. With the 0.15 needle/nozzle/air cap set, however, she was an evil cantankerous demanding pain in the backside as far as paint consistency went. Gave up on 0.15 and switched to the 0.2 set and she behaved much better.

Yeah, sounds like your needle chuck might be too tight. You can loosen it with a screwdriver. take off the tail assembly, needle, etc. Then with a long small screwdriver go in to the body and you will find grooves for the chuck. Give it a quarter to half turn counter clockwise. It will take some of the pressure off the PTFE o-rings and allow the needle to slide more easily. Turn clockwise if you want to tighten again.

You can also tune the air valve in a similar way. The H&S valves can be tuned to the resistance you want, or in case you have an odd fit with your compressor hose. I have an H&S that was sluggish turning air on and off, and it just need an adjustment on the air valve.

There is always a certain variability in manufacture, and when you get a new brush, you usually will want to tune it a bit to your own style and hand. The nice thing about H&S is that you can do it with typical tools you already have laying around.

Yeah, sounds like your needle chuck might be too tight. You can loosen it with a screwdriver. take off the tail assembly, needle, etc. Then with a long small screwdriver go in to the body and you will find grooves for the chuck. Give it a quarter to half turn counter clockwise. It will take some of the pressure off the PTFE o-rings and allow the needle to slide more easily. Turn clockwise if you want to tighten again.

You can also tune the air valve in a similar way. The H&S valves can be tuned to the resistance you want, or in case you have an odd fit with your compressor hose. I have an H&S that was sluggish turning air on and off, and it just need an adjustment on the air valve.

There is always a certain variability in manufacture, and when you get a new brush, you usually will want to tune it a bit to your own style and hand. The nice thing about H&S is that you can do it with typical tools you already have laying around.
Thanks Kim great help!

The way I test packing seals, is to loosen them completely. Then screw them in just till you feel some resistance. Wet the needle and push it through. Holding the gun only about half the length of the needle above a soft surface, tilt the gun up and if the needle slides out the back, it it too loose. Tight the nut a fraction of a turn and try again until needle does not slide out anymore. If the needle is too tight even at the loosest setting, remove the packing nut and all the seals and wiggle the needle inside it to open it up a bit. Start the whole process again.

Last edited:
Back