Harder and Steenbeck Airbrushes.

F

Firepriest

Hi People. Just a little brain pick. I'm looking to maybe purchase a 2nd airbrush. I've heard a lot about the Harder and Steenbeck airbrushes particularly the Cr Plus Solo and 2 in 1 version. Forgive my ignorance, whats the difference/ benefits of both and is it a good buy for someone new to airbrushing, or best left until I get a bit better with more understanding. My thoughts are learn with the AB as you go along. Is that good?

If you're UK based buddy, I STILL have an infinity CRPlus 2 in 1 for sale, only had paint through it once, for less than the cost of a brand new solo (I think)

If you're UK based buddy, I STILL have an infinity CRPlus 2 in 1 for sale, only had paint through it once, for less than the cost of a brand new solo (I think)
Hi AirborneArtwerx. Yes I am UK based I'm in Surrey. How much are you selling for The cheapest I've found it for brand new is £172. P+P included. What can you tell me about it in terms of usage/benefits etc?

Hi,

Got an Infinity 2 in 1, its a great airbrush and an ultra
There are 3 main lines:
- ultra beginner/starter, drawback lose paint cup ( keeps falling out, or at least with me)
- evolution workhorse for every day
- infinity high end detail brush.
- colani, large volume airbrush

They all use the same needle nozzle and needle(except for the colani). And have similar spray patterns.

So the choice between them would be your budget. Then there is the variations:

normal chrome plated (I believe its nickel), this can come off, its not that resident against sweat.
CR double chrome (no idea how it holds)
Al Aluminum version lightweight.

I would recommend either an evo or an infinity, the needles and nozzles are not that expensive compared to Iwata and you will need one or 2 when learning ;)

I''l bet others will give you even more information.

Non CR Plus is nickel plated and not chrome like the CR Plus. Solo has 1 cup, nozzle and needle. 2-in-1 has two different sizes of each. CR Plus also has tripple teflon nedle seal where the non has only one.

Non CR Plus is nickel plated and not chrome like the CR Plus. Solo has 1 cup, nozzle and needle. 2-in-1 has two different sizes of each. CR Plus also has tripple teflon nedle seal where the non has only one.
Thanks AndreZA.

I gotta say mate I got the evolution and it is a lovely brush to use... I'm gonna get the Infinity when i'm bigger! TBH I think anything that people use on a daily basis without hassle is a good brush... They all suffer somewhere along the line but a good one is far easier to make right. 9 out of 10 problems is dirt!

I gotta say mate I got the evolution and it is a lovely brush to use... I'm gonna get the Infinity when i'm bigger! TBH I think anything that people use on a daily basis without hassle is a good brush... They all suffer somewhere along the line but a good one is far easier to make right. 9 out of 10 problems is dirt!
Cheers littlerick. I hear that.

Since purchasing my Infinity CRplus 2 in 1 some 6 months ago, I have never looked back. I am so pleased with it I spied an Evolution 2 in 1 on Ebay the other day and got a bargain. Read AirbrushTutors review on the Evolution AL.

Since purchasing my Infinity CRplus 2 in 1 some 6 months ago, I have never looked back. I am so pleased with it I spied an Evolution 2 in 1 on Ebay the other day and got a bargain. Read AirbrushTutors review on the Evolution AL.
Thanks for that.:thumbsup:

I used a Paasche Talon for 5 months. Loved it, very versatile, 4 different size needles. Then I bought the Evolution CR plus with the .15mm needle. I mainly do T shirt work and the smaller needle helps me get the extra detail I need. I absolutely love this brush....its just...awesome. these are the last 2 shirts Ive done with it.P1040508.JPG P1040543.JPG

Attachments

• P1040493.JPG
    P1040493.JPG
    684.7 KB · Views: 5
Back