Harder and Steenbeck Colani

D

deano

Hi, I was looking to buy the colani airbrush, I was just wondering what people's views are on them?
Thanks
Dean

Hi, I was looking to buy the colani airbrush, I was just wondering what people's views are on them?
Thanks
Dean

I wouldn't recommend it, it's way too expensive for what it is, I have the evolution from H&S at half the price and I am not happy with it, if you want some thing with a handle, there are conversion for other brands.

I would suggest to go to a store where you can actualy hold it in your hand and see if you even like the feeling of that airbrush. I know some people who love it, but i think it is very different to a usual airbrush
and it wont fit everyone. I just got myself a few days ago a H&S Grafo T2 that also uses the combined double action like the Colani and i really like that one alot. I need to test that airbrush out alot more and maybe
write a review on here when i find the time.

I was interested in the colan I also. I wanted to use it for murals and signs. The only other brush I thought about was the iwata RG 3 for comparison. The cola I does have many more options like a wide selection of head sizes like .2mm, .4mm, .6mm, .8mm, 1.0mm, and 1.2mm . Plus a large selection of different sized paint cups that are gravity as well as a siphon attachment for bottles. The back handle piece is adjustable and the finger trigger is for left and right hand use. I am still considering buying one, I would give it more of a look .

The colani reviews I read said its great for laying down massive area coverage, detail work its awkward and you're better off with a staple AB

If you dont own a good quality regular AB I'd get one of those first with a larger needle for coverage.

EXCEPT if you're doing massive paintings eg. Graffiti on a wall then colani w/ large needle would be a good choice.

Looking at the price of a Colani, you might as well buy yourself a good quality mini gun which will cover a lot more than the Colani, such as a Devilbiss SRi Pro Lite a couple of needle configs, of course it depends on what compressor you have. An iwata HLP 80 or a LPH 101 may work better on a smaller compressor. Then get yourself a good quality airbrush for the small bits.

Lee

Back