Harder and Steenbeck Infinity & Solvent?

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
I heard on the grape vine that you can't use solvent based paints through an infinity? can anyone confirm this for me?

in a german forum wrote someone that ; I use my Infinity all the time with solvent based paints. I use lacquer thinner for both paint thinning and brush cleanup. No problems at all. Just keep in mind that using smaller nozzle/needle sizes requires paints to be thinned more than one might be used to.

http://www.germanairbrush.com/faq.htm

its an english faq
hope it helps you

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine use Infinity 2 in 1 and it's no problem.

oh okay.. as long as they're teflon seals that they're using then solvent based paints will be fine.. just no rubber o-rings near the head assembly. Cheers guys :)

H&S airbrushes use Teflon or PTFE whitch is absolutely solvent resistant or proof if you like, and unlike some other brushes it is used to sealed both end of the paint reservoir and the models with screw in cups have a Teflon seal around them too .
Teflon is a polymer that has a relatively low elasticity and elastic pressure so if you go beyond that limit it will permanently stay that way. On the plus side, Teflon has a very low coefficient of friction so the use around needle seals should make them very slick with the right pressure.

Back