Harder & Steenbeck Infinity Ver. 2.0 Solo w / 0.15mm

Spritz

Triple Actioner
Hello all you fine people with tiny squirt guns,
Does anyone use the Harder & Steenbeck Infinity Solo Version 2.0, with a 0.15mm setup. What are your loves and hates about it if any ? I've been eyeballing one just to use with India Ink and water mix.. and ONLY India ink and water mix. Would it be / is it worth the $240.00 to $300.00 U.S. dollars for one, to get the super fine details they claim they can provide ? Would you say the replacement parts are reasonably priced ? Do the needles seem soft like some other brands ? Do the nozzle tips stretch open or split easy ?

Oh I also heard that Harder & Steenbeck was or may be or in the process of being bought out by, I think Iwata. Does anyone know it that is true ? I really don't want to buy an H&S AB if it is owned by or going to be owned by Iwata.

Thank You to ALL, for any and all help or good input to my questions here.

Spritz

Hello all you fine people with tiny squirt guns,
Does anyone use the Harder & Steenbeck Infinity Solo Version 2.0, with a 0.15mm setup. What are your loves and hates about it if any ? I've been eyeballing one just to use with India Ink and water mix.. and ONLY India ink and water mix. Would it be / is it worth the $240.00 to $300.00 U.S. dollars for one, to get the super fine details they claim they can provide ? Would you say the replacement parts are reasonably priced ? Do the needles seem soft like some other brands ? Do the nozzle tips stretch open or split easy ?

Oh I also heard that Harder & Steenbeck was or may be or in the process of being bought out by, I think Iwata. Does anyone know it that is true ? I really don't want to buy an H&S AB if it is owned by or going to be owned by Iwata.

Thank You to ALL, for any and all help or good input to my questions here.

Spritz

I own 3 H+S Infinity CR plus and use them a lot. One is setup with the 0.15 and I use mostly ink in them. Dial the pressure down and it will spray a very fine line with ink.
I also have Badger brushes and one is a Krome with the ultra fine setup. I can get a finer/smaller line with it than I can with the Infinity. I have just about stopped using the H+S's though. Badgers are about 1/3 the price and parts are easy to get.
A couple years ago I read where Iwata had purchased H+S but never followed up with if it actually happened. There are some old threads and post about that here if they can be found.
Good luck with whatever you use.

Iwata has owned H&S for several years now (3, or more)... The newer V2 needles are better than the original ones. I have heard of nozzle issues, but have never seen one myself, so suspect it is an issue they may have outgrown. I hated my first Infinity, and actually traded it to Richard. I purchased another one because it was silly to not have one in my collection - it feels much nicer to me than the first one did... I almost never use the .15 set up, and actually have my Infinity set up as a .4 now. It still produces some brilliant details, just requires a lighter touch. All my other H&S brushes are set up as .2's.

Iwata has owned H&S for several years now (3, or more)... The newer V2 needles are better than the original ones. I have heard of nozzle issues, but have never seen one myself, so suspect it is an issue they may have outgrown. I hated my first Infinity, and actually traded it to Richard. I purchased another one because it was silly to not have one in my collection - it feels much nicer to me than the first one did... I almost never use the .15 set up, and actually have my Infinity set up as a .4 now. It still produces some brilliant details, just requires a lighter touch. All my other H&S brushes are set up as .2's.

It's been a good while since we traded. I don't like the trigger feel and just wished they had a different choice of them. They do get touchy with the pressure when pulling back on them. Just about gone over to Badger's brushes. My trigger finger is not what it used to be and with the Badger's, they have a little leeway before paint comes out. That works better for me.

Back