Has anyone tried a solvent dispenser bottle/dish for cleaning or tip dry?

Drastion

Double Actioner
I got a airbrush lot that came with a really interesting tool I thought I would share.

It is a neat little bottle where the top is a metal dish and is also the trigger for the pump. So you press the top down and it pumps a few drops of the liquid in the bottle into the dish.

This may be common to others but is something completely new to me and a pretty cool idea at that. It is nice since you don't need a open jar leaking fumes around. Plus since it only brings up a little at a time. You only contaminate the little bit of cleaner and everything else stays clean. The metal cover helps with evaporation but does not have seals. It is a nice touch though.

I have a couple of the plastic versions that I have been using for a while, one for water one for alcohol, very easy and convenient :cool:
615CJW6RMAL._AC_UL320_.jpg

That looks like a taller version of a similar thing we had in the Engineering Dept. on our base.
open the lid, press the top down and a small amount of cleaning liquid (IPA) is deposited
into the shallow bowl area for your use. No wastage or contamination of the rest.

Interesting.

Is there any advantage to this over just having a jar with a Q-tip (granted I only use water, not a quick evaporating solvent)?

Interesting.

Is there any advantage to this over just having a jar with a Q-tip (granted I only use water, not a quick evaporating solvent)?
Wet q-tip is my go-to as well. I always have one hanging off the side of my desk.

How's this for an idea: A small container with a sponge that has a cover opening similar to a spray out pot. Insert the brush into the solvent rich sponge. The small opening should slow evaporation. Could even have silicone flaps that keep it closed until you push the brush head through.

I have seen those before, and it does seem like a good idea to have a constant supply of clean bowls of water :cool:

Back