heat setting shirts ?

S

shanek864

hey, i just had another question . does anyone have any tips on how to heatset a airbrushed shirt. i have one that sombody wants me to airbrush for them but i dont do enough shirts yet to invest in a professional heat set machine

Get you some parchment paper or a old pillow case or sheet to lay over your shirt and you can use a iron. Go slow but keep moving so you don't scorch the paint. I think of the design in sections and iron each section for about 3 to 4 minutes. It will wash out over time but you can prolong the design by putting a good soaking spray with transparent base before you iron it or pick up some SAFE TEE from coastairbrush.

Also tell your client not to machine dry if they can remember, the heat from the dryer is what will fade it. Heat brings the color out.

Josh

yep, that is some good advice there form seamonkey, i think that will work

Get you some parchment paper or a old pillow case or sheet to lay over your shirt and you can use a iron. Go slow but keep moving so you don't scorch the paint. I think of the design in sections and iron each section for about 3 to 4 minutes. It will wash out over time but you can prolong the design by putting a good soaking spray with transparent base before you iron it or pick up some SAFE TEE from coastairbrush.

Also tell your client not to machine dry if they can remember, the heat from the dryer is what will fade it. Heat brings the color out.

Josh

Ditto. That's what I've been doing and seems to be working.

Wash inside out with mild detergent no bleach or oxy clean. Tumble dry inside out also or drip dry...

thanks for the info. i will have to experiment a few times to try it out

Back