Hello all from Holland

ignis

Needle-chuck Ninja
I've been airbrushing from the early 80's of the previous century. Started with Paasche V#1, Rotring ink (that ceased exist). Later the Paasche Turbo. I spray portraits mainly. Demoed and conducted seminars at fairs all over Europe for Van Beek Graphic Art Supplies, Fischer Aerostar, Revell, Badger and Aztec. Stopped airbrushing mid nineties, then started again and now just started again after a five year dry spell with a portrait of JFK to test my newly bought Iwata CM SB. Will start conducting airbrush classes soon (I hope) in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. Hope to spend some nice time here every now and then.

Attachments

• JFK 290812 1a.jpg
    JFK 290812 1a.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 33
Welcome to the forum ignis, you got some great skills , but that´s nothing to wonder about after your long career as an airbrush artist :)

Welcome Ignis!! obviously you still have it mate!! i actually noticed your pictures in the gallery before i saw this introductory post - very impressive and an extremely warm welcome mate! Looking forward to learning new things off you:D

Welcome aboard ignis and it's an honour to have someone with your skills and experience join our little forum:) I am sure we can all learn from you and you will get many questions, the one thing we like to do here is having fun airbrushing and spread the love!!!! Enjoy and thank you for joining.

Kev

Thank you for having me! I hung around in may forum but became tired of the fighting and artists spreading libel about others. This forum seems to have constructive and positive participants and some great artists ( among whom is Alberto who recently joined). Perhaps in these difficult times having a rewarding hobby becomes more important than it was before.

Thank you for having me! I hung around in may forum but became tired of the fighting and artists spreading libel about others. This forum seems to have constructive and positive participants and some great artists ( among whom is Alberto who recently joined). Perhaps in these difficult times having a rewarding hobby becomes more important than it was before.

Your absolutely right ignis, we take pride in ourselves on this forum in helping each other and amongst other things....having a good time doing it, we have some great characters who themselves are very talented artist, people like Ranhalen, Seamonkey to name a couple don't take themselves to seriously but contribute a huge amount and help everyone. We are all about spreading the love, and if anyone comes on with anything but positive and honest feedback this is not the place for them and they will soon find themselves on the end of my delete button :) You can be critical and honest without being hurtful and that is why beginners can post there first paintings, which we encourage to get honest feedback to help them improve, we were all beginners once.

That's true cordyk!! No one gets better from hurtful phrases, but at the same time I'm not gonna lie and say its the best thing I have ever scene either. We all have seen newbies who have put some bad attempts on here, but the way we have talk them through what needs to be done they have came back and produce some great looking projects! If we would have said the wrong thing they may have been totally discouraged and quit the forum or airbrushing all together and that's not good for anyone!! I started on my own and watching YouTube videos and asking tons of questions to the pros and just people who were good on YouTube. No body and I mean nobody would answer me. Then the tutor talked about maybe starting a forum and I was stoked, cause I knew I could get some answers, finally. Most of the original members on this forum (cordyk, ran, mr.micron, Madbrush, Eenasha etc.) they can confirm that my work has came a very, very long way in a the last 8months, and it's because the way people helped me on here!!

Josh

That's true cordyk!! No one gets better from hurtful phrases, but at the same time I'm not gonna lie and say its the best thing I have ever scene either. We all have seen newbies who have put some bad attempts on here, but the way we have talk them through what needs to be done they have came back and produce some great looking projects! If we would have said the wrong thing they may have been totally discouraged and quit the forum or airbrushing all together and that's not good for anyone!! I started on my own and watching YouTube videos and asking tons of questions to the pros and just people who were good on YouTube. No body and I mean nobody would answer me. Then the tutor talked about maybe starting a forum and I was stoked, cause I knew I could get some answers, finally. Most of the original members on this forum (cordyk, ran, mr.micron, Madbrush, Eenasha etc.) they can confirm that my work has came a very, very long way in a the last 8months, and it's because the way people helped me on here!!

Josh

This forum is quite unique in the sense that everyone seems to be prepared to help and exchange information based on their own experience without patronizing others. Unlike what I have encountered on other forums. I hope this type of conduct will be continued for a long time to come and that many newbies (that as you wrote we all were one time) will benefit from in a motivating atmosphere. The aerodynamics and aqua-dynamics in airbrushes are difficult to matters to fathom, particularly since airbrush constructions vary a lot. Trial and error is unavoidable even to experienced artists who have been spraying for decades. So there is still much opportunity to help each other in future. In view of that I am thrilled to see outstanding artists like Alberto Ponno decided to join. I think his compassionate mentality and sincerity fit snugly with the atmosphere I have encountered in this forum.

I love your Albert Stannard picture ignis. Just awesome. Great to have inspirational guys like yourself here to encourage us aspiring ABers.

Back