Hello all :)

B

Becky

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and I'm hoping I can learn lots of new tips here. I love to experiment with mixed media and most of my works are a combination of airbrush and pencil. I use an Iwata cm-sb airbrush with mfx etac paints and aero colour acrylic inks. For the pencils I use caran dache supracolour and faber castell abrecht durer. I love to work on ampersand claybord but I'm always looking to find new surfaces and techniques to try. To seal I use Liquitex satin spray varnish.

Looking forward to learning new tips!

Becky

Welcome aboard from Texas! Where are you from? Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Australia.
We've quite a few U.K. members so you may live near one of them :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard!! You came to the right place, this crew knows a lil about everything.......they're my shrinks too hahaha

Welcome. I used to live in the UK. I'm now over the water in Dublin.

Getting materials over here is a pain. I've been looking at a few suppliers in the UK. I'm pretty new to all this, but the peeps here are great and very knowledgeable, so that's been a great help.

:)

Thank you Joe! I'm from the UK :) Look forward to seeing your work too

Welcome from Australia.
We've quite a few U.K. members so you may live near one of them :thumbsup:

Excellent :D will be useful to get tips from others in the UK but also from all the way in Australia!

Welcome aboard!! You came to the right place, this crew knows a lil about everything.......they're my shrinks too hahaha

Thank you! From what I've seen so far you all seem incredibly knowledgeable!

Welcome. I used to live in the UK. I'm now over the water in Dublin.

Getting materials over here is a pain. I've been looking at a few suppliers in the UK. I'm pretty new to all this, but the peeps here are great and very knowledgeable, so that's been a great help.

:)

Thank you! I took a while to find some good suppliers too, all online suppliers so far as I don't live close to any airbrush shops that I can visit.. but I wish I could!!

Welcome from the south west in the UK, plenty of help available here and brilliant tutorials and step by steps if you need them. I have used claybord quite a bit and now have the ingredients to make my own.

Welcome from the south west in the UK, plenty of help available here and brilliant tutorials and step by steps if you need them. I have used claybord quite a bit and now have the ingredients to make my own.

Would one be willing to share said ingredients identification/recipe? I'm curious about trying it myself.

I've found a couple online but they are different from each other. But, if you have found one that works for you I'd love to try it. Thanks. :)

That's awesome that you know how to make your own claybord. Must come really handy if you need a size that ampersand don't supply. Maybe I'll try one day when I'm feeling experimental :)

Would one be willing to share said ingredients identification/recipe? I'm curious about trying it myself.

I've found a couple online but they are different from each other. But, if you have found one that works for you I'd love to try it. Thanks. :)

Hi, here is the link I originally found for making your own claybord , then with the help of member LT4-396 changed the recipe to:

2 cups water
3 tablespoons Rabbit Skin Glue

2 to 2.5 cups kaolin clay
1 teaspoon to 4 teaspoon pigment depending on how white you want it.

The RSG starts to produce a surface like ampersand clay board at roughly 2 tablespoons .

By altering the amount of RSG you adjust the absorbency to suit, I managed to get all the ingredients from ebay.

Hi, here is the link I originally found for making your own claybord , then with the help of member LT4-396 changed the recipe to:

2 cups water

The RSG starts to produce a surface like ampersand clay board at roughly 2 tablespoons .

By altering the amount of RSG you adjust the absorbency to suit, I managed to get all the ingredients from ebay.
Awesome, thanks!

Welcome to Mitch's little Madhouse,If you have a question just use the search tool and if you can't find the answer post it up and I'm sure someone will answer it soon!

2 cups water

Cool - thatnks @Lt4-396 WE might have to compare notes, how well does it flow out? Does it go smooth smooth like the ampersand?

Back