Hello all!

Steve

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello all, ive started to make the switch from airbrushing models to pictures and im really enjoying it. I hope to learn as much as i can from all the ninjas out their in order to create something amazing (in my opinion :)).

Welcome from Australia :)
Where do you call home (and if you could add that to your profile it comes in handy when we’re called upon to recommend suppliers if you need them.)
What gear do you currently use ... and don’t be shy about posting some pics up of your models ... we like pictures :D

Hello Jack, sorry just updated my location! Ive got an Iwata HP -CP and a Badger 105 xtreme connected to sparmax compressor. The Iwata is new as the Badger was getting a bit of a nightmare to take apart. Im currently using Vallejo model air because i dont know any different lol.

Hello all, ive started to make the switch from airbrushing models to pictures and im really enjoying it. I hope to learn as much as i can from all the ninjas out their in order to create something amazing (in my opinion :)).
Hi Steve,

Welcome from Staten Island, NY

Welcome Steve! What kind of pictures are you wanting to move into? I only ask as we may be able to make some recommendations from a paint point of view. There’s a lot to be said for sticking with what you know when it comes to paint, but some experimentation can also be good.

Hello Si, tbh I think I’m more drawn towards more sci fi, terminator robocop etc. It seems most people are using createx after reading the forum. I’m still getting my head round it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Si, tbh I think I’m more drawn towards more sci fi, terminator robocop etc. It seems most people are using createx after reading the forum. I’m still getting my head round it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s cool. There’s a lot of different styles covering those Sci-Fi images and a bunch of different places to go with it. Yes, Createx Illustration, Wicked, Autoair lines are popular. Etac is up there too in terms of popularity here. Some good advice I was given is to go to the manufacturers website and do a bunch of reading. They’re different lines are designed for different applications. And don’t forget that if you get confused, you can just jump on here and ask a question, hey presto the answer will appear lol.

Thanks again Si I’ll have a look on their site hopefully they may have some deals on

There can be a learning curve with Createx, the main thing to remember is the ‘Createx airbrush Colors’ is aimed at textiles. Everything else is multipurpose.
If you don’t mind mixing your own colours and if you have access to Etac then that would be a great choice for a newbie, a lot less frustration and it also teaches you how your paint should flow so you have something to compare it to :)

Back