Hello at last!!!

Squishy

Queen Clown Slayer
Ok, I'm proud to say this is my 1000th post, so I thought I'd take a leaf out of ad fez's book and finally introduce myself. (I think you've started a trend Adam lol).

Contrary to popular myth, I am in fact female (I won't try and kid you I'm a lady Lol, and I will answer to Shim or Shemale, or mate or whatever, LOL LOL LOL). I've been married for 21 years to my lovely man, and have 2 beautiful daughters. I'm just in my forties now, definately old enough to know better, but fortunately too old to care! I got into bikes in a kind of 'if you can't beat em, join em' sort of way, many years ago, and have never looked back. I am actually quite a respectable pillar of the community (stop laughing, it's true), and always worked with kids, youth clubs, schools and community projects. People get surprised by my everyday life, but I love it, love the bikes, love riding, love the social side, and have always been fascinated by the art. That's what got me interested in airbrushing. I always liked to draw, but I hadn't ever learnt or done anything arty, not even at school after I was about 13, so although I always wanted to try ABing wasn't sure it was something I would be able to do. Then my poor bloke got so sick of hearing me bang on about it (off and on for years!) that he finally bought me a gun, just to shut me up I think, and that was it, I was hooked.

Unfortunately being cranially challenged, I was too stupid to look on the internet to find out how to actually do it, and just dove in and discovered I was right, I couldn't do it. Then the God of reason intervened and I actually looked for help, and funnily enough knowing what you are supposed to actually do helped,and I started to get to grips with it. Duh! *face palm*. So I started painting bikes, and now I'm trying out some other things too. You never stop learning, so you are always challenged, which I love!

I've been airbrushing around 20 months now, and I have to say it's practically taken over my life. I love it. My poor fella is kind of regretting it though, cos he has to share the compressor all the time, (he has air tools for his bike building), and listen to me turning the air blue, I do love a good swear when I mess up, which is most of the time LOL!

I would like to do this for a living, it's a pipe dream I know, but you gotta have a dream right, and also try and get some of the kids around here feeling good about themselves, and keep them on the straight and narrow, by trying to get them interested in ABing. Who know......

So I just want to thank Mitch, the Mods and everyone else on this site (some in particular, you know who you are, you little buggers), for all the help, advice, inspiration, friendship and laughs. Time for a drink I think! Cheers everyone!!!!

It always made me laugh when i seen the comments refering to you as a man LOL Congrats on the 1000th post, now use some of that yackin and get to brushing!! LOL I can say its been to long since ive seen any work from you! Cheers Man!! LOL

Welcome home and congrats on hitting number 1000 , It is good to learn more about you and your family,
and I will not even jack this thread like I did fez's :D

Who am I kidding you know a thread like this needs a good jacking cause that is what family is for , Taking their threads and making them something else.
Now Have you told your daughter that she is now deemed a supermodel among us airbrushes?
Before long she will have a huge modeling contract here in the states and making bank , That way she can pay your way to all the cool classes in Las Vegas :D

Right on Squishy and congrats on the 1,000th post. I have seen you on here as well as your work, which I must say is very nice. After reading your mini bio... now I see why you have most of your work on motorcycle tanks and fenders!! I think being a professional is probably what most of us want to be that are here on this forum and it is a good goal to have. Keep at it and it will happen!! Thanks for sharing and again Congrats.

Visual Realm - " It always made me laugh when i seen the comments refering to you as a man LOL Congrats on the 1000th post, now use some of that yackin and get to brushing!! LOL I can say its been to long since ive seen any work from you! Cheers Man!!LOL"

LOL!!!! Thanks VR, too much real life stuff going on, so only been squeezing in the odd bit of painting here and there, the brush isn't gathering dust yet, but I do need to get some stuff done and posted or I'll never catch up with you. I know you've been painting around the same amount of time as me, and you're already out of my league Lol!

Mr Micron " Welcome home and congrats on hitting number 1000 , It is good to learn more about you and your family,
and I will not even jack this thread like I did fez's :D

Who am I kidding you know a thread like this needs a good jacking cause that is what family is for , Taking their threads and making them something else.
Now Have you told your daughter that she is now deemed a supermodel among us airbrushes?
Before long she will have a huge modeling contract here in the states and making bank , That way she can pay your way to all the cool classes in Las Vegas :D
You know you can't resist a good opportunity to jack Lol! I don't think my daughter beleives her mini celebrety forum status, but Vegas sure sounds good, and I may even squeeze in some airbrushing while I'm there LOl!

afficionado - "1000 posts hey, It'll be a few years before I'm there :)"

I bet it won't, I've only been here just under 7 months, you'll hit 1000 before you know it LOL.

Hab - "Right on Squishy and congrats on the 1,000th post. I have seen you on here as well as your work, which I must say is very nice. After reading your mini bio... now I see why you have most of your work on motorcycle tanks and fenders!! I think being a professional is probably what most of us want to be that are here on this forum and it is a good goal to have. Keep at it and it will happen!! Thanks for sharing and again Congrats."

Cheers Hab, thanks for your kind words, and even if I never reach my goal, you can be sure I'm gonna have some fun along the way!!!

Welcome squishy and congrats on your 1000th, you are a valued member and bring a lightness and happy feel on here with your posts....although it took me a while to figure you where a bird and not a geezer:) ha ha! A pleasure to have you here m'lady.

Hey Trish, nice work on the thousand! The first time I realized you were a lass was when u sent your 'eye' entry in, I couldn't believe it. It's just been fun watching everybody else flip out! Dont know why we assume that every newcomer is a geezer?
Anyway I have to say thanks so much for your contributions and for helping make the forum into what it is! There's only a handful of thousanders this far and u each deserve to be recognized:)
Thank you!!!

awesome squish,,, great writing,, and in my eyes your work is great, i have always liked your work and would like to see more....

Well darlin ya know if your thread is the best it gets jacked like the rest.....LMAO
It is funny how simple things people write in a post that opens new ways to allow a thread to be jacked , But that is life on a forum , Kind of like when you are talking to someone and your kids come busting in the room and starts telling you about something with out even saying excuse me:D
But I do believe your daughter has a great face for being a model and she has to get that from her mom.

Hey Trish, nice work on the thousand! The first time I realized you were a lass was when u sent your 'eye' entry in, I couldn't believe it. It's just been fun watching everybody else flip out! Dont know why we assume that every newcomer is a geezer?
Anyway I have to say thanks so much for your contributions and for helping make the forum into what it is! There's only a handful of thousanders this far and u each deserve to be recognized:)
Thank you!!!
hahahah yer you still have some way to go mitch till you are in "our club"

squishy my dear, huge congrats on frittering away countless hours of your life upon this website hahaha just remember that it is all very much appreciated, when it comes to questions about painting on metal or bikes in particular you are my "go to, send to" you hav helped so many on here, intelligent, funny and your work is cracking.... ( i think its a hampshire thing being that i myself am from portsmouth, only amazing folk are bred in hants)

yer to be honest, 2 months ago i was still under the impression you was a bloke, even when you posted up pics of your daughter i thought you was a fella.....i dont know why though???

anyhow, once again, great work on the 1000 onward and upward to the heady heights of ran the man and monkey face!

hey folks i thought you may all wish to see and comment on this picture. its my new jack i bought it today.... £34.50 at halfords (other motor vehicle supply shops are available) aint she a beaut!!!!!!!!
bmw%20on%20trolley%20jack%205%20.jpg

Congrats with the millennium. Just saw your facebook page and there is a lot of work there that you did in 20 months and of good quality too. Kudos to you!

hey folks i thought you may all wish to see and comment on this picture. its my new jack i bought it today.... £34.50 at halfords (other motor vehicle supply shops are available) aint she a beaut!!!!!!!!

Now that is some fine thread jacking , Hat off to ya Fez:D

Ha ha I nearly pissed me sen:)

if anyone wants one i would be happy to post a link to it in this thread and this thread alone ;o)

Nice jack fez!! Squishy, it's been a pleasure dude!!! You are awesome and so glad your here at the forum sir!!! Lmao!! Congrats and good work on the grand!!!!

Josh

i know i particularly like it in orange although i do believe they sell it in a range of colours.... you should really check out the digits on this p-hatch.... lifting stuff with ease my friend, lifting stuff with ease!

Back