Hello, everybody!

R

Rev Benson

Hello! My name is Rev. I live in Tulsa and run a tattoo shop. I am married, and my wife and experiment with a range of art mediums. Airbrushing is a fascinating and complex art form I would like to better understand, hopefully through your help. I appreciate your advice and look forward to enjoying your immensely talented work!
I read some of the threads before creating an account and found that the purpose of the intro was to give an idea of our materials and equipment, as well as what I hope to create. So hopefully this will help there.
I bought a used setup from another tattooer who didn't have time to pursue a new medium. That started me with a shelf of Createx colors and a few Iwata airbrushes (Eclipse HP BCS). I shopped around and got some paint mixers and clean pots and a couple of more job specific airbrushes. An Iwata HP TH for broad strokes and a Kustom Micron CM. After a short lived Master Compressor I combed through the threads on this site and from what I saw from Mr Micron I decided to spend the money on a friend for life in a Super Silent 20A.
I hope to work towards doing indoor mural work and Airbrush Illustration. I hope that this helps to outline what I'm up to and what I'm trying to do it with.
I really appreciate all of your input, the work on here looks amazing!

Hey welcome @Rev Benson. I suspect you've already got a good steady hand for the game! Good choice of compressor! Post up some of you work - love to see it. We have the occasional tattoo here but it is normally not paying attention when I clean my needle of tip dry!

Welcome home Rev.
Much like tattooing airbrushing is about layers and color blending. So other than building a different set of muscle memories you should be able to get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Welcome to the forum Rev. Looks like you have the gear to get going and the skill with your hands, you just got to turn it to the airbrush now. Post some of your work up too we would love to see what you have tattoo'd.
I've been asked several times if I would take it up.. That's fine but I am scared that i would make a boo boo. I can fix a paint mistake but ink is a different animal.. Anyway, once again welcome to the forum, i hope you stay a while.

Lee

Here's a little of my work, I really appreciate you guys being interested. I do feel very much like I could learn and grow a lot from working in airbrush. I'm hoping to find a creative outlet. People tend to think that tattoo artists do whatever we want, but the truth is that we work for our clients to tell the story of what is important to them. So when you want to do something crazy you dreamed up not everyone is dying to have it, or sometimes you want to do something that doesn't get up and walk away as soon as you're done with it ;)

Back