Hello everyone from Maine, USA

O

OOB AirbrushGuy

Hey Everyone!
I joined the group quite some time ago, and thought I posted an intro, but I guess I failed all of you! Not a great way to start in, among such a gathering of fine folks as yourselves. My name is Paul Carney. I have been airbrushing since 1995. I have painted everywhere, from yard sales to flea markets, boardwalks, mall kiosks, amusement parks and my own studio. I currently own and operate Old Orchard Beach Airbrush, in Old Orchard Beach, Maine USA. I paint all over the New England area during different times of the year. State fairs, car shows, local festivals, sporting events, bar mitzvahs, and birthday parties. I have a local studio where we work on canvas portraits, custom automotive projects, and online orders throughout the year. Some examples of my work can be seen here: https://www.oldorchardbeachairbrush.com/

Working in the retail grind, I will honestly say I hope to post a lot more ( as much as time will allow), and contribute whenever I can. Hopefully messing up stuff for this long will allow me to pass on some wisdom of what not to do, for some of the greener members. I know I will be learning from some others.
Thank you everyone, for being in such a great community, and having me here with you!
-Paul

Hey Paul, welcome from the UK. Maine is a beautiful place, I have a friend who lives near Belfast, and hope to visit again sometime. Looks like your business keeps you busy!

@Squishy Thank you! -->100mph (or 160.934 kph to you guys) haha! Belfast is about 2 hours NE of me, beautiful area. The whole state is great, you just have to be willing to endure our 6 months of winter :D
I always aim to put up social media posts, contribute to the forums / FB groups, etc, etc. Time ends up getting the best of me. Here's to hoping 2017, and a few new artist in my shop will allow me some "managerial time" and contibute properly!

better late than never.:D
Welcome from Australia. Hopefully now you've made an appearance you can get harassed by the rest of us LOL. Always happy to see someone who can make a few $$ out of airbrushing, instead of a hobby.

@JackEb Thank you! I am due for the harassing, haha. When I first started out, I had "filler jobs" to supplement, and make ends meet. I can say I am lucky/thick headed enough to have made this lovely hobby my sole means of income since 2000. Too late to turn back now, and I have learned over the years, us artist types never really fit in the corporate or cubicle world. :glasses: Look forward to being around a lot more!

Welcome to the madhouse paul!(sound like you know what i mean when it come to airbrushing) glad to see new and knowable people like you join the forum as I know you can help newbies and us old guy and gals learn something new!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! Now it is time to see what I can chip in, here! :D

Back