Hello everyone!

D

Dodgegirlo8

My name is Julie and I live in Iowa, soon to be moving to California. I have never used an airbrush other than to to decorate cakes. since then I have gotten into pinstriping and thought I should expland a little. I know next to othing but I'm more than willing to learn. I have an Iwata Eclipse. got it for Christmas and have yet to open it. any help or comments would be amazing! ! ---I'm sorry if anything is misspelled. my 'smart phone' apparently isn't as smart as everyone thinks it should be....
thank you everyone! :)

My name is Julie and I live in Iowa, soon to be moving to California. I have never used an airbrush other than to to decorate cakes. since then I have gotten into pinstriping and thought I should expland a little. I know next to othing but I'm more than willing to learn. I have an Iwata Eclipse. got it for Christmas and have yet to open it. any help or comments would be amazing! ! ---I'm sorry if anything is misspelled. my 'smart phone' apparently isn't as smart as everyone thinks it should be....
thank you everyone! :)
likewise with mine every time I try to type "get" I instead end up with gerty!
hi julie welcome to the forum buddy, I'm sure you will settle in fine, there are plenty if helpfull soles on here to assist you, you just gotta ask the questions mate!

adam

most importantly though, crack open that box, start hammering down the paint (doesn't matter what on to, wood, paper, metal, fabric, pets) and start posting pictures

can I clean. the brush with oneshot reducer and brush cleaner? will it hurt it at all? do I need to oil it? I stripe with one oshot so I have most every for it.

Welcome to the forum. I also do some striping with One Shot, but wouldn't recommend cleaning your airbrush with the reducer. First off, its too expensive to use as a cleaner. Even if you are airbrushing with One Shot, you can use mineral spirits, turpentine or lacquer thinner to clean your airbrush. Lacquer thinner is the strongest of these solvents and will clean better and faster. If you are using another type of solvent based paint such as urethane, use lacquer thinner. If you are using water based paints, use airbrush cleaner, windex, fantastic or my favorite is a product called Krud Kutter. Do not use any oil to lubricate your airbrush as it can get into the paint and ruin a paint job. Use an airbrush lube such as Badger Regdabe needle juice or Iwata super lube. Please post some of your striping work.

you can also use ky jelly it's the same stuff as needle juice but half the price

thank so much for the info!! it'll help me alot! if I can figure out how to post thm from my phone or ill have have to wait til I can get to a computer.

Hello Julie and welcome aboard :)
The Iwata Eclipse is a very good airbrush, you really need to open that box and have a go :)

Welcome to the forum Julie! Open that sweet Iwata and just spray something!! Lol, that is a great gun, I have 3 and wouldn't trade them for nothing!!

Josh

you are like a cross between david attenborough (or some american wildlife dude) and rambo

thank you for the support everyone :) ill let you all knw how it goes!! as soon as I get er figured out. are there any tips I should knw before hand? I knw I'm gonna do something dumb and thn be all like 'wow tht was stupid' lol

Welcome Julie, nice to see another girl on here- there are a few now - the boys have testosterone surges every now and then but they're a great bunch at heart. Once I get up and running (I'm a newb like you) hopefully we can impress the boys with something other than wild animals and half naked chicks :) we'll have to post some half naked men in down the track !
And I wouldn't worry about the face palm moments, the boys are gentle and they're well practiced at guiding newbs
Jackie

Welcome to the forum, and please do not place half naked man over here, they need to be e-mailed to one of the moderaters directly LOL

Hmmm, about time we had a female mod then LOL

Last edited:
Please don't email pictures of half naked men...I am 100% a mans man....not sure that sounds quite right!!!
Anyway, welcome aboard Julie it's great to have you with us,there's a few wild boys on here but I'm sure you can handle them:)
Get that AB out and start painting and be sure to post any pics, no matter how good or bad you think they are and you will get all the help and advice you need.
It's a pleasure to have another lady on the forum...Jackie, a female mod...mmm that would stir up the boys a bit...good idea;)

Aw c'mon sheriff Cordy, don't you make me get out my lasso and tie you to a chair with matchsticks holding you eyes open, as a mod you are suppose to be impartial aren't you? , I'm sure you're man enough to appreciate the talent required to reproduce the human form in paint, I bet you're man enough to wear a pink shirt too

welcome aboard julie , sure youl get the hang of it in no time

A female mod, hmmm i don't think that's a good idea, you know how wild them girls can get when they see half naked men.

Cordyk i suggest that before you agree with a female mod, sent your misses to magic mike see how she comes back afterwards wild and uncontrollable and full of magic ideas. And i know all about that, since my misses went it's all mike here and mike there, and unfortunately i can't compete!!! LOL

Back