Hello, from a newbie

nikk775

Double Actioner
Hi, I am from Sheffield in the UK, i started to airbrush about 2 to 3 months ago after having a long time obsession with H.R.Giger and his art work, so during one of our many lock downs i decided to have a go and got myself a cheap airbrush from eBay (£20 odd quid! since got myself a harder and steenbeck focus, and bloody love it!!)

Would just love to learn more stuff and gain more knowledge of what i am doing lol.

and please be patient with me asking questions that there are probably a hundred threads to .......I'm not one for searching forums

Pleased to meet you all

Nikk

Hi Nikk, Welcome from Australia
Glad you found a hobby to keep you busy during lockdown, certainly looks like you found the right one !
very cool pieces, I look forward to seeing more from you

What paints are you using ?

Welcome to the forum Nikk. Nice artwork. A better quality airbrush does make a difference . Anyway, we have a lot of info here and a lot of super talented artists. Enjoy your stay.

lee

Hi Nikk, Welcome from Australia
Glad you found a hobby to keep you busy during lockdown, certainly looks like you found the right one !
very cool pieces, I look forward to seeing more from you

What paints are you using ?
Thank you, i am using Vallejo air at the moment but want to try out others as i learn, heard a lot about createx but I'm still learning and it could be totally wrong for what i do lol

Thank you, i am using Vallejo air at the moment but want to try out others as i learn, heard a lot about createx but I'm still learning and it could be totally wrong for what i do lol
Createx can have a steep learning curve but it is a great all round paint if you pick the right line for your output. You certainly appear to be doing well with the Vallejo so keep going (if it aint broke don't fix it)

Createx can have a steep learning curve but it is a great all round paint if you pick the right line for your output. You certainly appear to be doing well with the Vallejo so keep going (if it aint broke don't fix it)
I like the Vallejo a lot it seems nice and simple to learn with, but i would like a little working knowledge of other paints if ever i get stuck for supplies.

I like the Vallejo a lot it seems nice and simple to learn with, but i would like a little working knowledge of other paints if ever i get stuck for supplies.
Thats why I got the Createx, easy to get hold of. I have Etac and its awesome but harder to get hold of here in Australia.
Trialling other brands will help you get more knowledge of how paint behaves but the general consensus around here is to pick a paint line and learn its idiosyncrasies inside and out, learn how far you can reduce it before it 'breaks', learn how small a needle you can use with your chosen line. The minute you start adding in other paint lines your journey gets a little more bumpy :)

That's a cool way of looking at it! i have literally just found a full supplier right in the city center so i should be good for a time a t least. lol

Great work. Are you still using your H&S focus? I have not been able to find much info on them or how highly they are regarded as a brush.

Back