Hello from a pre-newbie!

Petie

Young Tutorling
Hello all!
Well I am planning to get into the airbrush game. From northern Michigan. Retired and restarting various model building hobbies. Have purchased a bunch of scale model rockets from Estes and others. Want to finish them more for display than flying at this time. Also want to get into plastic model airplanes and ships. Stuff to keep me busy! Have a few questions prior to diving completely in.
If I can find the appropriate paints for my needs then I will be purchasing airbrush equipment. Plans are H&S Evolution gun and maybe a Colani for large areas along with a Sparmax TC-620X compressor. Will be using indoors in a basement room with ventilation.
Pete

Welcome to the forum, Pete!

Pre-newbie...I think you made that up, but I like it! No matter what you plan to paint, there are excellent resources here. Ask away if you have any questions getting started.

Welcome Petie. Thanks for doing the intro. Glad to have you aboard and feel free to ask questions. Often asking while planning can help rather than asking how to fix something haha. But that does happen too of course, as me how I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all!
Well I am planning to get into the airbrush game. From northern Michigan. Retired and restarting various model building hobbies. Have purchased a bunch of scale model rockets from Estes and others. Want to finish them more for display than flying at this time. Also want to get into plastic model airplanes and ships. Stuff to keep me busy! Have a few questions prior to diving completely in.
If I can find the appropriate paints for my needs then I will be purchasing airbrush equipment. Plans are H&S Evolution gun and maybe a Colani for large areas along with a Sparmax TC-620X compressor. Will be using indoors in a basement room with ventilation.
Pete

First of all, welcome from Spain, Pete!
Second: as a miniature painter I would recommend you water based acrylic paints (like Vallejo Model Air) because they aren't toxic paints, without solvents, and if you are going to paint in a basement room that'll be better. I think they will work for your scale Models, they are easy to use.
Kisses: Pepa.

Back