hello from berlin germany

A

adamwolf

Hello everyone,

I am Adam and I am originally from canada I recently moved to berlin with my german wife. I am a furniture maker and I have a design in mind that i want to paint, I am not sure how it was originally painted but here it is, this is from tozando kendo and martial arts supply, i practice kendo and i found it in their available colors for the body protector, I have a table project with rounded edge and i was wondering if it's possible to imitate this design on top? at first i thought it is Urushi lacquer but when i checked the price and material it cannot be urushi lacquer. I have a double action airbrush and was wondering if there is a way to imitate this design on wood after sanding and sealing of course? any ideas of where to start and what colors/steps to produce it?

thank you guys,

Adam

akachou.jpg

Welcome from Australia,
I’d say a candy would get you the colour you seek. As for the pattern/texture you’d have to practise on a spare piece of timber.

Hello everyone,

I am Adam and I am originally from canada I recently moved to berlin with my german wife. I am a furniture maker and I have a design in mind that i want to paint, I am not sure how it was originally painted but here it is, this is from tozando kendo and martial arts supply, i practice kendo and i found it in their available colors for the body protector, I have a table project with rounded edge and i was wondering if it's possible to imitate this design on top? at first i thought it is Urushi lacquer but when i checked the price and material it cannot be urushi lacquer. I have a double action airbrush and was wondering if there is a way to imitate this design on wood after sanding and sealing of course? any ideas of where to start and what colors/steps to produce it?

thank you guys,

Adam

View attachment 59547
Welcome Adam. That’s an interesting project. My guess would be to use a Candy for the colour, as mentioned by Jackster, and probably use a marbleising technique for the pattern. There are some great videos on YouTube to help get an idea of how you’d go about doing the marbleising. Then it’s just a case of practicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back