Hello from California

Redfrick

Young Tutorling
Hello everyone,

I'm from Northern California and am new to airbrushing and am really enjoying it.

I am a Halloween nut and initially picked up a cheap airbrush and compressor from Harbor Freight just to try and learn how to shade and paint detail into my Halloween props. I quickly learned the difference between a cheap airbrush and a quality one. Going to replace my compressor next.

I went to art school but somehow landed in IT which is painfully boring but pays the bills. I need a creative outlet from time to time and have bounced around in art not finding something that sticks. I think airbrushing is it.

Later,
Redfrick

Hello everyone,

I'm from Northern California and am new to airbrushing and am really enjoying it.

I am a Halloween nut and initially picked up a cheap airbrush and compressor from Harbor Freight just to try and learn how to shade and paint detail into my Halloween props. I quickly learned the difference between a cheap airbrush and a quality one. Going to replace my compressor next.

I went to art school but somehow landed in IT which is painfully boring but pays the bills. I need a creative outlet from time to time and have bounced around in art not finding something that sticks. I think airbrushing is it.

Later,
Redfrick
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Australia Redfrick,
Its amazing how quick you can realise that airbrushing is a good thing. There will be frustration in the beginning but if you are willing to learn, we are willing to help and once everything starts to make sense its great fun.

Welcome home and please post up some of that Halloween stuff you do:D We have a member named Cuda who for now is MIA but he drives a beer truck for a living so this time of year keeps him jumping. But he has made some really cool halloween props like these http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/zombie-time.16897/#post-253358

Wow, excellent corpsing work. This was my first attempt at corpsing up a skeleton. I need some tips from Cuda. Working on a pirate them this year. working on a treasure chest and cannon.

Looks way creepier in the dark and all lit up but here it is:
yXJkN8f.jpg

Back