Hello from Canada

C

Chunky Ninja

Hey everyone, my name is Morgan. I'm from a little town south of Ottawa Canada. I have just recently got my airbrush supplies and am working on setting up an area to work in. I am also a Global Mod on a local Poultry forum. I do hope to learn lots while cruising the site and enjoying all the free info posted on the Airbrushtutor family of sites. I am hoping to get into the auto body industry, and eventually would like to start painting Motorcycles. Well that's a bit about me for now. Any questions just ask, I'm pretty easy going.

Morgan

welcome Morgan. you will certainly get a lot of help and advice from this wonderful place

Hey Morgan from the uk. I started because I wanted to paint motorcycles, and now I do. With all the support around here, won't be too long before you reach that goal.

Welcome home Morgan , nice to add you to the family and you have found a great place to hang out and learn.

Hey everyone, my name is Morgan. I'm from a little town south of Ottawa Canada. I have just recently got my airbrush supplies and am working on setting up an area to work in. I am also a Global Mod on a local Poultry forum. I do hope to learn lots while cruising the site and enjoying all the free info posted on the Airbrushtutor family of sites. I am hoping to get into the auto body industry, and eventually would like to start painting Motorcycles. Well that's a bit about me for now. Any questions just ask, I'm pretty easy going.

Morgan

Hi Morgan, welcome aboard from Caglary. You will love it here. You have the same goals as I do. I started to airbrush just over a year ago and I'm hooked. I bought some blank aluminum panels which I hope to start painting very shortly and eventually paint my motorcycle one of these winters. What little town do you live in? I lived in the Ottawa/Hull region many moons ago.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's nice to find another online family to share my experiences with. While my ultimate goal is painting bikes, I also have interest in t-shirts, and helmets/hard hats. I'm not sure as to how one can repaint a motorcycle helmet or hard hat and not void the safety certificates? All in good time. If anyone has done either of these and wishes to share some pics(or can point me to pics) that would be great!

What little town do you live in? I lived in the Ottawa/Hull region many moons ago.
Hey Patch, I'm from Kemptville. There's a lot of people from my way out there now. I have a good friend in Edmonton.

Kemptville is pretty close to where my inlaws use to live. They lived in Brockville. Edmonton! Well we won't hold that against them LOL

Hi there Morgan and a very big welcome from me, anything and everything you need to know is in here somewhere, if not it will be in someone's noggin! And if we want to know anything about chickens....you da man, thanks for joining:)

Edmonton! Well we won't hold that against them LOL
Haha I've always heard there was a little rivalry between the two. Like Ottawa and Toronto.

And if we want to know anything about chickens....you da man, thanks for joining:)
It's not just chickens. We deal with almost every form of domesticated animals. Although the main focus is chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, quail, peafowl, pigeons, rabbits and cavies.

Where would be the best spot to look for a starting excercise? I'm getting a little anxious to start spraying. Also there is a guy that offers AB courses about 45 min drive from me. He's charging 75$ an hour do you think it's worth it or should I go with what I can find on here instead?

Haha I've always heard there was a little rivalry between the two. Like Ottawa and Toronto.

It's not just chickens. We deal with almost every form of domesticated animals. Although the main focus is chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, quail, peafowl, pigeons, rabbits and cavies.

Where would be the best spot to look for a starting excercise? I'm getting a little anxious to start spraying. Also there is a guy that offers AB courses about 45 min drive from me. He's charging 75$ an hour do you think it's worth it or should I go with what I can find on here instead?

Hey mate, click on the Airbrushtutor link at the top of the forum page, there is loads of free PDF files you can print off and excercises to get you started. If you can afford it and its no real hassle then yeah, a little beginners course from a pro will kick start you off nicely and save a lot of time. It's always easier to have someone explain and show you how to reduce paints and get you on the right track. Most of the pitfalls you will have to learn by yourself but guidance in a classroom will boost your confidence from the off. Just get throwing some paint down and most of all have fun:). We are always here for help....oh and don't forget to spread the love!

Hey thanks Cordy, greatly appreciated! I've been checking things out on the site. Mostly in the classroom section. That was a great tut on the chrome lettering. Hopefully I will get to tackle that project early this summer. Spring is kinda busy on the other forum that I mod, and Summer is busy at work. Hopefully I will get into the auto body industry and will be allowed more time for practise. Can't wait to get things rolling!

Morgan

Ok, so i broke down and bought a printer. I've got all the downloads downloaded! I've got 1 copy of everything printed off. Now where is the best place to start? I was thinking the Dots? Also i read that everyone still does the practice sheets even after they are well on their way with airbrushing. Curious to know which ones are you folks using to continously practise to keep the skills sharp as a dagger?

Welcome to the family Morgan!! As far as practice to keep sharp, it is a necessity at first, but once I started painting almost everyday, I just paint now, but every time I change airbrushes,tip sizes or air pressure I always have a piece of paper to do a few daggers and fades to get the feel.

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

Back