Hello from canada

M

mathd

Hello people, my name is Mathieu am from quebec, canada.
I do not speak english very well but it think i got the basic so please forgive me if my sentence and writing is sometime strange :)

Its been a while i was looking to start airbrush but it looked soo impressive and hard. The past day i have been reading alot and looking alot of airbrush video (thanks for everyone on this site, all the free info is priceless), this made me confident and made me want to take the jump into the airbrush world, i will probably want to make this my job too if i get good at it(usually i am really good at mastering and getting good doing anything).

Cash flow is not great right now so once am done learning the most i can i will invest in some airbrush equipment to practice.
I already have a 60 gallon compressor and spray gun for waterborne paint, while i used it once to paint the hood of my camaro the end result was impressive.
Am looking to airbrush my camaro as a starter project, here is a picture below, it is a 1980 z28 with a 383 stroker engine supercharged stick shift, all forged internals and has lots of chrome on the engine bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome from sunny South Africa :)
you are right - this is an awesome place for spreading the love

Bonjour and bienvenue from a fellow Canuck. I'm in Calgary. You have come to a great forum and the people here will treat you like family.

Thanks you for the warm welcome, i really appreciate that :)
I came upon this forum yesterday while googling, looks like its very active.

Am still reading all the info, using the search function before asking too much questions :p

Welcome home Mathieu, Good looking Camaro. What size blower it that 671 ?

Welcome home Mathieu, Good looking Camaro. What size blower it that 671 ?
its just a baby blower b&m 144. i dont need tons of boost for a street car running pump gas(91 octane is the higest we can get here), running 20.7 psi intake pressure(6 psi boost) engine is 8.7:1 static compression. its built to be street friendly/driveable and is a torque monster wich is very good for burnout :) 507 ft/pound torque 503 hp.
When i build the engine i selected a small blower in hope that everything fits under the stock z28 hood but it did not so had to get another hood to keep my original hood unaltered... unused
Positive side is, it make plenty of boost at very low rpm, what a 6-71 cannot do.(downside is it heat the air some more at high rpm)

Welcome Mathieu, from Ottawa. I can't see the picture but it sounds like you got quite the machine there in that Camaro! Good luck in your endeavors, in the world of airbrushing!

Morgan

Welcome Mathieu, from Ottawa. I can't see the picture but it sounds like you got quite the machine there in that Camaro! Good luck in your endeavors, in the world of airbrushing!

Morgan
Thanks you :)
Do you know of a good place to buy paint, frisket roll and supply online?
I have seen some nice stencil from artool yesterday it gave me alot of idea, am already saving cash so i can start practicing airbrush as soon as possible. probably in june/july.
I fixed the picture in my first post(forum rules no picture and link before 5 post)

Welcome to the family!! Love the Camaro!!!

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

Hello mate and welcome aboard, good on ya for using the search engine first, a lot of folk forget about that!! Great to have you with us and get throwing some paint around:)

I just hit the trigger and bought my first airbrush this morning, a iwata eclipse hp-cs, with a 1/8 to 1/4 hose and createx wicked primary color + black and white + reducer.
Should arrive in a week or so.

Hello...I am from Ontario. I just joined and looking forward to meet everyone. I also own a 1981 Camaro that I will be painting in the near future. I need lots of practice and info before i attempt this...lol

i'm not even able to go and get the camaro out of storage yet. (and its in the garage...lol) until i recoop from my surgery last week. I need to change the water pump that went at the end of last year.
I have a paint scheme figured out already. I need to get more practice in before i do something to extreme...lol

I did do my sons pocket bike before my last operation. I think it turned out pretty good, for someone that only picked up an airbrush 4 months ago. lol
IMG-20130506-00641_zps2906752c.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's my baby. 350, th400, 411 rear. I picked it up last year when i sold my harley due to health reasons. Still needed some type of toy...lol
IMG-20120625-00078.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG-20120625-00077.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

I hope these pics are okay...I just figured how to use photobucket from here.....

Cheers

Thanks you :)
Do you know of a good place to buy paint, frisket roll and supply online?
I have seen some nice stencil from artool yesterday it gave me alot of idea, am already saving cash so i can start practicing airbrush as soon as possible. probably in june/july.
I fixed the picture in my first post(forum rules no picture and link before 5 post)

I ordered from Currys online and the shipping is free after $75 and had my order in 3 days. There was a back order that i received 1 wk later. The prices arent too bad, and you dont have to deal with the extra costs buying from our neighbors from the south

Back