Hello from Connecticut

Colin F

Double Actioner
I’ve just joined and thought I should say hi. I’m a real estate photographer up here in New England who’s recently been taken by scale modeling. Hook, line and sinker. This stuff is like crack for guys in their 50s. All the research, different paints and tools…there’s a massive lore behind it all.

Anyway, I bought a NEOECO airbrush from China and have been fighting it since I bought it. Constant clogging, low flow etc. come to find out the innards are decentered, causing the needle to ride up against one side of the nozzle. I guess I learned my lesson. In the meantime I’ve learned how to strip this thing completely including even removing the packing! I have to give the people at NEOECO credit though - they sent me a new needle and have just shipped a “centering tool” free of charge. Even so, I ordered a Paasche Talon for a little more quality And am looking forward to it arriving in the next few days. I’ll keep this one for shooting primer probably. I’m interested in learning more about the skill of airbrushing so that’s why I’m here.

By the way, I live in the same town as the Createx factory. Haven’t tried their line yet tough…

Welcome aboard, if you think modellling is addictive wait till airbrushing gets it’s hooks into you 🤣
I started with two ‘Veda’ airbrushes and as you found out they reach you how to tear down and put back together quickly ! Great practice for when you get your ‘good one’

it’s a steep curve learning a new tool/technique but that’s why we are here, so search away, go through the ‘foundations’ section and you’ll find answers to all sorts of questions you never knew about. We’ve all been there

when you find yourself scratching your head then by all means ask away,

Welcome CFster, Plenty of knowledgeable people here to help with any problems or advice You need :) Dont forget, We all love to see pics of Your progress, good or bad :thumbsup:

Welcome home CFster ,
LOL I have built models for at least 20 years tried getting my kids into them but no luck.
Createx makes great paints their Wicked line works great for models.

Welcome to the forum, plenty of info and experienced airbrushers here who will hopefully be able to give you tips and advice to get you going. Createx do good paints too so check them out.

Lee

Welcome CFster. Createx Wicked woukd be a good paint for modelling and with the factory right in town you really should give it a try. Having walk in access for help could be a huge bonus.

Welcome CFster. Createx Wicked woukd be a good paint for modelling and with the factory right in town you really should give it a try. Having walk in access for help could be a huge bonus.
Yes I intend on stopping in. Certainly not many of the colors I use for aircraft modeling in their line up, but I should learn to mix better from a set of primary colors anyway.

Yes I intend on stopping in. Certainly not many of the colors I use for aircraft modeling in their line up, but I should learn to mix better from a set of primary colors anyway.
That’s true. I did forget about the colour pallet used for models lol.

Back