Hello from Duluth, MN

J

JV44

Yep, that's right, I live in the arctic armpit of the US--where it's always "almost winter" and the people are tightwads. I've been airbrushing since about 1980 and have been a member of several online forums, so I recognize some familiar "faces" and names here. I airbrush on many surfaces including t-shirts, silk neckties, bike tins & helmets (only occasionally though--like I said, people are cheap here and they think everything should only cost $20), computers and laptops, illustration board, paper envelopes and matching cards, and more.....but my favorite surface to paint are leather jackets. I'm a diehard Iwata user (Olympos someday) with a couple of old Paasche VL's....and since I work out of my bedroom/studio, solvent-based paints are right out--I can only use water-based paints. My mainstay are E'tac paints, both the Private Stock and EFX lines but I also use Createx Auto Air and Wicked Detail paints as well. Plus I have a wide variety of pearl powders/pigments that I utilize whenever they suit the project at hand.

I'm enthused about joining this forum as I've seen videos by Airbrushtutor before--his older works on YouTube--and I can see that although I've been painting for roughly 35 years there's always more to learn!

Mike in MN....though I hope to be in a much warmer location by summer/fall of 2017

DULUTH,Been there done that on the Coast Guard Ice breaker Mackinaw so I Know what you mean. Welcome to the forum mike!

Welcome @JV44. Sounds like your sorted with your toys. I would love to hear how you prep and seal the leather when working with E'tac.

Welcome to the Zoo Mike!! Climb aboard the crazy train, maybe the Sea Monkey will drive!! LOL!!

Hey Mike, welcome from the UK. What's summer?? I've heard of it, but not quite sure what it is. Is that warm rain...???

Welcome home Mike.
Duluth , I have been there too but not on an ice break but for mild Arctic training back in the late 70's early 80's ,Not the coldest place I was ever sent but it does rank in the top 10 LOL .
Look forward to seeing some of your works . As a few of the pros have told me no matter how many years you have been doing this there is always something new you can learn .

Always went to/thru Duluth in the summer so never saw it when it was cold. Chicago was cold enough so I moved down here in '93. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum Mike! I'm sure we all will learn a few things from you as well. Looking forward to seeing some of your works. :)

Welcome to the forum! From much warmer Nashville Tn.

Just for the record people are tightwads everywhere!

Welcome to the forum! From much warmer Nashville Tn.

Just for the record people are tightwads everywhere!
No I love spreading my wade around, The Electric company , The water company , The Gas company and the Cable company and last but not least the Grocery store well the art supply store is actual the last place LMAO

Now let us see how far down the gutter this can go :D

No I love spreading my wade around, The Electric company , The water company , The Gas company and the Cable company and last but not least the Grocery store well the art supply store is actual the last place LMAO

We usually consider the art store above most of those other trivial things.

Welcome from Ukraine!

I've just looked through your works at another threads. Great detail works you do!

Dude they have a lot of nice women at all these places then?? for you to go spreading your wad everywhere..PMSL.He started it.lollol

Back