Hello from England Bournemouth

Thomas Barber

Double Actioner
I am a beginner starting this really difficult but exciting medium, I've done a small hand full of pieces of work and im still a bit messy. What got me into trying airbrushing was that I worked for a funeral home and was given the opportunity to sand blast designs on graves. Many grave stones later, I became a film student and also invested some money and time in to an airbrush kit. (i use a badger 360). I have attached some examples of my progress, first full portrait I ever completed (though now i look at it and it looks incomplet) and some of my grave work! Lets do this!

(sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate the images)

Photo 15-09-2010 04 36 15 PM.jpgPhoto 10-11-2010 11 45 44 PM.jpgPhoto 08-11-2010 10 57 30 PM.jpgPhoto 25-03-2009 12 58 27 PM.jpg

Welcome to the forums Thomas. I don't think there is a way to rotate the images on the forums, so that would have to be done in whatever image software you use. If you don't have something like Photoshop, then you can download GIMP. It's free.

Welcome Thomas!!!!!! Hope you have a good time here and it's great to have another artist to join the group. Love your work.

Welcome to the forum Thomas, your work looks very good :)

I really like the rose. Sand blasted then airbrushed I take it. Your def on your way. Nice work. Keep it up.

I am a beginner starting this really difficult but exciting medium, I've done a small hand full of pieces of work and im still a bit messy. What got me into trying airbrushing was that I worked for a funeral home and was given the opportunity to sand blast designs on graves. Many grave stones later, I became a film student and also invested some money and time in to an airbrush kit. (i use a badger 360). I have attached some examples of my progress, first full portrait I ever completed (though now i look at it and it looks incomplet) and some of my grave work! Lets do this!

(sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate the images)

View attachment 1623View attachment 1622View attachment 1621View attachment 1624

Consider it done, welcome to the forum, and very nice work.

View attachment 1626 View attachment 1627 View attachment 1628

Nice Thomas, what mask did you use on the granite tiles?

hmm cant remember the name of the stuff. We used two types of skin there, one was far more rubbery to the touch. The one I proffered to use had a lot less stretch in it though so when you replaced the mask after the spray it wouldn't miss shape or stretch too much. you would find fine un touch granit lines around the edges of each masked section with the soft skin. This was fine some times of course if this was what you wanted. It was skin for a plotter, however i didn't plot for these designs.

Welcome mate enjoy the forum, nice work, love the Shining pick...."here's Jonnny" :)

Back