Hello from Germany

Nightwish

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hello to everyone, I live in Germany although I am a US Citizen.
I have been modeling for years and painted them with an external mix, about 6 months ago my wife asked me why I don't try some art since I did a lot of oil painting. I thought The Idee great and bought my first real airbrush an iwata eclipse cs. So I am a real beginner and still have a lot to learn.

I have been modeling for years and painted them with an external mix, about 6 months ago my wife asked me why I don't try some art since I did a lot of oil painting. I thought The Idee great and bought my first real airbrush an iwata eclipse cs. So I am a real beginner and still have a lot to learn.
Welcome Nightwish. You made a great choice of first real airbrush. The CS will last you a lifetime. Glad to have you aboard and I’d love to see some of the models you’ve painted if you’d care to post some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Nightwish your in the right place to learn. We have quite a few modellers here so your not on your own and with the skills and knowledge we have here on the forum we'll soon have you up and painting. Good username by the way, great band if thats your type of music.
As @SiRoxx said the Eclipse will last you forever. SO what other gear do you have? Paints? Compressor? etc. What surface are you planning to paint on and have you decided on your paint system yet? Just a few questions so that we may be able to help you with any decisions you need to make.

Lee

Welcome to the forum from China! Me too am a prior oil painter that converted firmly into the airbrushing camp. Of course I had to change to acrylics, but that was kind of the idea behind it.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Yes The Band Nightwish was the Idee behind it. I ordered a primary set of Createx illustration colors so that I can get startet.
I still have to take it easy because I had cataract surgery on both eyes just a month ago, but it's getting better from day to day.

My compressor is nearly 20 years old from revell max. Pressure 90 psi and a one gallon tank. Automatic on off an as quite as a refrigerator. I was thinking of doing some illustrations on canvas and clayboard. That was my decision behind getting the Createx illustration colors. It will be a learning process since I'm used to oil paints and enamles.

Welcome. Like any other hobby, start simple, work complex....

Back