Hello from Germany

Ulli

Young Tutorling
Hey folks!

I just want to write down some sentences, to introduce myself.
My name is Ulli and I'm in my mid thirties(crisis?). I live in Germany and Decades ago I played some sort of tabletop games. I was bored of those black primed models and started paint hundreds of them until my pile of shame grew taller and taller. Things had to be done faster (I thought) and I got my hands dirty and started with a Revell "Airbrush" and a pressure can.
As ambitious as I was, I spent hours and hours with that thing, driving me nuts.

I did my best to get an afterschool sidejob to put money aside to buy a "professional Airbrushset" and so I did. Nowadays think I had all those try and error moments we all know well. Still, after weeks of practicing many miniatures were painted far from looking good.
Long Story short: the "Professional Airbrushset" ended up on ebay.

Approximately 20 years later I bought "it" back from Ebay :) just a little more expensive, like a decent bottle of red whine. Thanks to CoViD 19 I can spend more time to be ambitious again and watched some yt videos and finally have been washed up on your shore.

Guys, I had never such fun drawing dots, lines, circles and so on. As you expected, I'm talking about the very basics from the newcomers lounge. I've seen all vids of Airbrushtutor, as I already read his name is Mitch.
Thank you Mitch for your passion and the funny way you are teaching and keeping up the mood to become better and improve our skills.

After thousands of lines and way more dots, I was curious about the training sheets, Mitch mentioned in his videos and registered on this page. Unfortunately all the links of the free to download area are dead ends.
I drew some trainingsheets on my own, which wasn't that hard and started to train my muscles of my indexfinger. I spent 40 to 50 hours of creating lines, dots and some kind of blending attempts in total.
To be honest, this contagious infection has a firm grip on me, after cleaning my Airbrush at the end of each session, I cant wait to get my hands on the Airbrush for the next one.

I bought a 2in1 H&S Infinity CR+ with a Sparmax compressor and a lot of accessoires and some paint on top
which were Schmincke acryllic ink. But in almost every yt video I've seen ppl using createx colors and reducer which I'm still waiting for to get in touch with.

I dont want to make a new thread for the little question I have. Does anyone have those free downloadable pdf files? Especially im looking for "the eye" and "Cameron Diaz".
If you have those files, I would be glad if you could spread the love and send me a pm.
Thank you in advance.

Phew.. lots of letters found their way into this little box, sorry for the mess.
If you have any questions, just feel free to ask.

Hello fellow brusher, thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate that.
I've clicked on every link on the tutorpage but I found nothing.
Further all those reallistic projects are too big and require a lot more time than I actually have.
I wasnt born with a pen in my hand and cant draw a raw eye with all those lines I would like to have to train and practice more on detail.

Hallo Ulli, herzlich willkommen in dieser Runde. Du bist hier sehr gut aufgehoben, da jeder mit Rat und Tat zur Seite steht. Hier gibt es auch einige Deutsche so dass ein reger Austausch sicher ist. Falls Du Fragen hast immerzu stellen....

Grüße Micha

Saint Barbara stood by me around 638 days of various missions as a bombtechnician but today she left me :( today I bought the ultimate tutorial package and to be honest I was a little dissapointed that there aren't all the free tutorials inside, like a "all in 1" tutorial package. Neverthelless I'll keep fighting tip drying, too fast movements while blending and that flicking part of a daggerstroke.

Years ago i had that funny idea to paint myself as a parody of a scene of "good morning, Vietnam".
I did a few attempts with horrible results :D. I will practice as hard as i can to do it with an airbrush.
Don't laugh out too loud but this will be my reference:

How would you beginn to draw a picture like that?

DSC_0047_5.jpg

I have the cameron pdf not sure about the eye. Looks like the free ones are not working. Not sure how to upload it. Will have a go here. Not sure if I have the eye but will have a look.

Lee

Here you go Can't upload the reference for Cameron as its too big.

Attachments

• airbrushing-the-eye-reference-beginner.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • airbrush-the-eye-beginner.pdf
    791.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Cameron-diaz-template.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
You can find the reference picture for Cameron on the internet really easy so just grab it from there.

Lee

Welcome from Australia, Ive informed Mitch that the links no longer work but it appears theyre still not working.
Mitch no longer runs this forum (our little asylum) its now run by the inmates lol.
Jordo has you sorted with the pdf’s for what you seek.

That is awesome, thank you soooo much lee. Now I can start to do a lot more eyepictures and try to get used to bend all of the six effects :)
I wasn't able to create a line drwaing template on my own, although I know how to do it. Still a lot more practise needed.

Thank you jackEb too, for your patience and behave to inform Mitch, that the links doesn't work at all. I glad that ppl take care about each other in a community. It makes it a lot easier to become a member of this great hobby.

That is awesome, thank you soooo much lee. Now I can start to do a lot more eyepictures and try to get used to bend all of the six effects :)
I wasn't able to create a line drwaing template on my own, although I know how to do it. Still a lot more practise needed.

Thank you jackEb too, for your patience and behave to inform Mitch, that the links doesn't work at all. I glad that ppl take care about each other in a community. It makes it a lot easier to become a member of this great hobby.
We are all just one big family here, complete with the occasional hearty debate :)

Herzlich willkommen Ulli, hier bist du richtig wenn du was über airbrush wissen willst. Einfach fragen und dir wird geholfen, hier hält keiner was zurück. 😎

Back