Hello from Houston, Texas

J000seph

Detail Decepticon!
I am new to airbrush & like using forums for learning purposes & tricks of the trade.
I have used forums for some of my other interests. Mostly auto mechanics. I enjoy painting on art boards, but I would like to get into automotive airbrush eventually. I bought an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS kit at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon. After doing a couple pictures, I realized that I was really going to enjoy airbrushing. So I found a sweet deal on EBay for a used Badger 150 kit with extra needles/tips. I plan to get a Badger 100 since parts are interchangeable. Since I want to get into the car/motorcycle thing, I also got an Iwata RG-3L for bigger applications. Airbrush Tutor videos on YouTube have been extremely helpful. That's why I picked this forum to join. Another useful site has been Don's Airbrush Tips. There are so many airbrushes to choose from, it's nice to see so many reviews in one place. I haven't heard much about the Iwata RG-3L. Anyone on here use one?

Welcome from the UK. The HP-CS, is a great choice, an all rounder, and a work horse. Good to learn on, and is also ideal for auto work, which is mostly what I use mine for.

Is the RG-3L a mini hvlp? I haven't used one, but if its what I think it is,I've heard good things.

You chose the best forum to learn, a great group, with no attitude and a few laughs along the way.

Thanks Squishy, I am loving the HP-CS. Yes, the RG-3L is a tiny hvlp gun. It has a .6 needle and sprays a round pattern like an airbrush. I haven't used it yet. Maybe I can do a review with pics when I try it out.

Back