Hello from Hull (UK)

T

TheBeard

Hey all. I've been lurking around here for a little while. It always seems to be the place I find the answer to any questions I Google when I'm struggling with something or if I'm unsure about anything.

I've already posted and people were great when they replied. I've had some great tips and some kind words so I thought I better introduce myself properly.

I'm from Hull in the UK. I've had an airbrush for a couple of years but it was mainly used to paint model kits until a few months ago. I decided I wanted to learn how to use it to paint. It's been fun so far, I've watched a ridiculous amount of YouTube videos and read countless articles and posts online. I've put some time in and now I'm starting to apply what I've learned. I have a long way to go but I'm really enjoying the process.

I started out with some basic skull stencils after deciding that they'd be the most forgiving when I inevitably made lots of mistakes. They looked flat and awful at first but I'm now at a stage were they're looking pretty good (there's still plenty of room for improvement but they no longer look like I just sprayed over a stencil so I'm getting there!)

I paint on the evenings a couple of days a week and I usually devote a good sized chunk of Sundays to airbrushing as well. I hope to keep improving and I'll practice whenever I can. I've decided to choose things I think I'll struggle with since that seems to be the best way for me to improve.

I'll keep showing what I do and I'll no doubt be bugging you guys for advice until I'm good enough to do the same for others.

I guess I'll see you all on the forums

Cheers

Mike

Welcome from Australia. I can't draw but I can create things I never thought possible. As you have a drawing history you shouldn't have to many issues

Hey Mike great to have you on board bro. ..... We seem to be getting almost over run by Uber talented dutch, germans, fins, argentines, aussie, etc etc hehe so it's great to have some more British talent! .... no no more the merrier i say hope you enjoy it here as you have already found out is very informative, a friendly bunch with little ego we like to get you up and running so if you have any further questions or just fancy a chat then shoot it, there is always someone around

Back