Hello from iowa

A

archangel777

Hey everyone I just wanted to introduce my self. I've been airbrushing for about a year, still very much a newbie. I have a badger patriot, sotar, and a 350. I also have a iwata mini and a cheap master. I use acrylic paint thinned with windex. I paint models and canvas. Any questions feel free to ask away :)

Welcome home Radar ORielly J/K Archangle777 Nice to have you here,

you thin the paint with windex?? alot of us here use windex as a cleaning solution for our brushes but i dont recall folk using it to thin paint.... Anybody elses thoughts on this??? i thought it would strip and break down the polymers of the paint.... if you do not want to go for brand specific reducer then try using distilled water.....
anyhow........... welcome from the u.k buddy, great to have you on board

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:loyal:

Hello and wlcome from the US

Fez man, since I changed over to the Wicked Detail line I use the W500 reducer to thin BUT I have experimented using my home brew of windex, denatured alcohol, distilled water, glycerin with no ill effects but I agree that straight windex may not break down the pigment properly. However the home brew did not seem to change amount of tip dry no more/ no less but I do use mainly the W500 but is nice to know in a pinch I have other options. The thing that boggles my mind is the create AB cleaner seems to do nothing for dried paint but the W500 reducer does everything extremely well.

you thin the paint with windex?? alot of us here use windex as a cleaning solution for our brushes but i dont recall folk using it to thin paint.... Anybody elses thoughts on this??? i thought it would strip and break down the polymers of the paint.... if you do not want to go for brand specific reducer then try using distilled water.....
anyhow........... welcome from the u.k buddy, great to have you on board
Yep, used it when I first started. Now? no, only if Im in a pinch, which I try not to be lol. There is a video on you tube about how to mix it somewhere

Back