Hello from LA

Electric Cat Dude

Needle-chuck Ninja
Found this while out web surfing one day. It's been a long time since I did any airbrush art. Nice to see a few folks are keeping the tradition alive.

Welcome from Australia, what caused you to pack your brushes away and are you planning on picking them up again?

I had done airbrush art in high school and early college. Part of what brought an end to doing it on a regular basis was changing over into computer generated art as well as graduating school and becoming a mechanical engineer full time. I think I will take it up again when I have some free time.

a lot of us airbrush 'when time permits' and sometimes you just need to make an appointment with your easel or you will always find things getting in the way.

Once you've had a look around here, and if you pop in regularly, think about participating in 'Paint Pals',
its just a little inhouse pen-pal meets secret Santa type thing.
once you've registered and the registration period closes, you'll get a name via private message, you will have a month to paint a 5 x7 picture and get it in the mail to that member.

It pushes you to put some paint slinging done.

Your "prize" is that you get an original 5" x 7" painting from another member who has registered to participate, Nobody knows who they are receiving one from, everyone is sworn to secrecy who they are painting for and what they are painting.

You'll find some details here.. because I've probably confused you now lol
https://www.airbrushforum.org/the-oc-challenge/

If you have any questions then ask away on the current thread and we will provide you with an answer.
https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/paint-pal-19-new-rules-edition.21976/

a lot of us airbrush 'when time permits' and sometimes you just need to make an appointment with your easel or you will always find things getting in the way.

Once you've had a look around here, and if you pop in regularly, think about participating in 'Paint Pals',
its just a little inhouse pen-pal meets secret Santa type thing.
once you've registered and the registration period closes, you'll get a name via private message, you will have a month to paint a 5 x7 picture and get it in the mail to that member.

It pushes you to put some paint slinging done.

Your "prize" is that you get an original 5" x 7" painting from another member who has registered to participate, Nobody knows who they are receiving one from, everyone is sworn to secrecy who they are painting for and what they are painting.

You'll find some details here.. because I've probably confused you now lol
https://www.airbrushforum.org/the-oc-challenge/

If you have any questions then ask away on the current thread and we will provide you with an answer.
https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/paint-pal-19-new-rules-edition.21976/

Oh that's kinda cool. Yeah I will have to check out those programs. i've seen the galleries. We have a lot of skilled artists who hang out here.

Oh that's kinda cool. Yeah I will have to check out those programs. i've seen the galleries. We have a lot of skilled artists who hang out here.
Sometimes life calls and members need to deal with things, sometimes they just need a break, sometimes they come back weeks, months or even years later. There is a small core group that keep this place going with info for newcomers and a sounding board for those further along in their journey and aren’t quite sure how to proceed.

Even if the art is slow the laughs are always here to be found ... we don’t take ourselves to seriously but we do take our airbrushes seriously :)

Sometimes life calls and members need to deal with things, sometimes they just need a break, sometimes they come back weeks, months or even years later. There is a small core group that keep this place going with info for newcomers and a sounding board for those further along in their journey and aren’t quite sure how to proceed.

Even if the art is slow the laughs are always here to be found ... we don’t take ourselves to seriously but we do take our airbrushes seriously :)

Yeah it seems to be a sweet site. I like viewing what all the other artists here have done!

Yeah it seems to be a sweet site. I like viewing what all the other artists here have done!
we kinda like it here lol Its a site that is primarily here to help people on their journey, Facebook has many groups where you can share your latest works but when someone asks for help the info gets lost very very quickly, here we are the keepers of the knowledge bank

checking out the others artists works is bitter sweet, it can be a funny combination of inspiring and 'I'll never be able to do that'
Newbies are always is awe of what can be created... I still pick my jaw off the ground regularly at some of the works produced, and I also remember thinking I was never going to live long enough to be anywhere near as good as some of our artists.... 5 years down the track and I have improved, but still have a long way to go but I'm enjoying my journey immensely :)

Back