Hello from Manchester, England

• Thread starter Airbrushing newbie mike
  • Start date
A

Airbrushing newbie mike

Hey there everyone, I'm Mike and I'm new to airbrushing and could really use a little help.

I have the Badger Verlocity airbrush and i came to use it this morning for the first time and I already have a problem, as you all know the Verlocity is double action so I should be able to to press the trigger down WITHOUT any paint coming out but this is not the case and I would like to hear from anybody who could help me with this issue.

cheers everyone :)

hi mike, and welcome to the forum, also from the uk here :)

i use to get this problem all the time and still do, basically some paint or something is stuck in the nozzle. all u need to do is take the bk of the ab off. release the chuck . hold dwn for air and pull the needle bk and forth a few times, this should get out anything that is blockin it. hope this helps

stu

Hey bro, welcome from cambs u.k, the fact that you havnt used the brush before and that it is a badger means this....badger sit their needles further back for transport so they don't get damaged, take back of brush off.release the coffing nut (the little acorn shaped one) turn the needle while applying a little preassure towards front if brush and the needle will seat further forward, this should sort it

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. As previously said, you need to make sure the needle is pushed (gently) forward into the nozzle so it is seated properly.
Cheers Mel

Thankyou

Hey everyone,
thanks for the welcome and the advice.
i done what you all said and nowits working great. I have used an airbrush before but it was a cheap one and only lasted a few weeks thats why i decided to upgrade.

Anyway thanks again and I'm sure if i have any further problems i can get the answer off here :)

Mike

i got the velocity aswell, great brush if you get the .3 conversion kit for it aswell you dont really need another brush!

although if people want to give me brushes i will still greatfully recieve them! ;0)

Thanks Flycatchr and ye I'm with you aswell Fez :)

Anything given will be much appreciated ;)

Welcome home Mike, Nice to have you here , Let us know if you get you problem fixed , If not maybe Ken Badger will stop by and give you a big hand ..

Hey thanks Mr.Micron,

Yes i got it sorted thanks to the people on this site :) 1 more question tho does anybody know where i can find 0.3 conversion kit for the Badger Verlocity airbrush?? In the UK proferably.
Apperantly the ultra fine version is not very good for using Vallejo primer as it clogs up quite fast

much appreciated

Mike

Hey thanks Mr.Micron,

Yes i got it sorted thanks to the people on this site :) 1 more question tho does anybody know where i can find 0.3 conversion kit for the Badger Verlocity airbrush?? In the UK proferably.
Apperantly the ultra fine version is not very good for using Vallejo primer as it clogs up quite fast

much appreciated

Mike

for the UK I can not help but Wyn-Wyn is your one stop Badger store. for those who do not know wyn wyn stands for what you need when you need :D I like that..
But I know one of the members in the UK will chim in and help you out.

hey mike, you can get it here for about £15

Home

or hold out till august bank holiday, and meet ken at kustom kulture blastoff in lincs,and get it for £10.;........... and pick yourself up a krome for £50 ;o)

and whilst you are at it you may consider getting another velocity for around £40............. then you can have a .21 and the .3 running side by side

Back