Hello from NC !

• Thread starter DeadlyDesignsNC
  • Start date
D

DeadlyDesignsNC

Good evening everyone figured it's just appropriate to greet all of you and say I'm excited to be here! Anyways, my name's Kevin and I'm your friendly neighborhood biker from the North Carolina coast and have always had something to do with art in one way or another be tattoos, sketching , painting or even just building things. Then I came across hydrographics and airbrushing and painting cars and guns and damn.. I found a way to finally cram both of my favorite hobbies together and decided to get educated and well here I am painting motorcycle tanks and helmets and fairings etc and loving it and hope to one day take it beyond a hobby and get a real shop. Right now I am airbrushing with a central pneumatic siphon feed dual action airbrush, with a anest iwata w-100-e1 as a candy/base coat/clear applicator on my 2.5hp electric oiled 10 gallon compressor (also from c.p) using createx for my illustration black base for when I'm just practicing on stock, but use wicked colors on my pieces, and fc710 with a medium hardener for my climate. I spray clear etc in a converted greenhouse with a fan and filters and a shed for my airbrushing
My experience and equipment seem adequate for what I'm currently doing. But if anyone's used this stuff before please let me know any tips or tricks!

Welcome from Australia Kevin. Sounds like you've got it all happening. Nice to hear you've managed to combine your interests

Welcome from the UK, from a fellow biker who likes painting bikes/tanks too (among other things). I use Wicked and think its the perfect choice for auto stuff, especially with the 4012 reducer. Post some pics of your work :)

My newest helmet I'm working on at the moment haven't figured if I ant to leave it like it is and clear it or keep going and risk over working the design

Attachments

• IMG_20160804_231317169.jpg
    IMG_20160804_231317169.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum from the UK and from another fellow biker. I too would love to do just what you're doing, painting bikes and helmets etc.. Anyway hope to see some of youre other work.

Lee

Welcome home and nice looking skull on that helmet .
Thanks still think it need a little something. Trying to keep it simple to match my tank, but thinking of re doing the tank from a sloppy hydrographics project i did on it

Hey nothing wrong with re-doing things . I have only done the hydrographics stuff here at work just to see what it was all about.

Back