Hello from NY

I got the goodies in the mail the other day.(cant post pix yet)I went out and bought a compressor from harbor freight and that was a huge mistake getting a lot of overspray no matter what i do :( any recommendations on a cheaper but still good quality compressor?

What PSI are you running at?

I got the goodies in the mail the other day.(cant post pix yet)I went out and bought a compressor from harbor freight and that was a huge mistake getting a lot of overspray no matter what i do :( any recommendations on a cheaper but still good quality compressor?

Jacek, as long as the compressor has a storage tank, it will work fine for airbrushing. Those Harbor Freight compressors are very noisy, but they will work and the compressor really doesn't have a significant affect on causing overspray. To reduce overspray, reduce your paint more, turn down the pressure, and keep your airbrush very close to the work surface. You may also need to work on your trigger control. Less trigger equals less paint and less overspray.

I have trying running the PSI from 10 up to 40 once i hit 25 you can definitely tell its to much air coming through. I got a new compressor with 3 gallon storage tank and pretty quite it has been a bit better with the over spray. I am still getting it. Do you guys use an actual reducer or water?

I have black Wicked paint and tried reducing it with just water

You need to use the Wicked reducer or Auto Air 4011 or 4010 reducer. This makes a big difference in the performance of the paint. I believe the reducer has a small amount of solvent in it which makes Wicked flow much better.

JT thanks for the info i do have the 4011 reducer and will try that out tomorrow. I didnt wanna use it till i was ok with it, didnt wanna waste on practice

Thank you for the welcomes :)

JT i have tried with the reducer 4011 that I have i am still getting the same issue but the paint it self looks better but still have overspray, about the same amount. Tried different reductions and PSI :(

Back