Hello from NY

P

pl4life52

Hows it going guys?

My name is Jacek and I live in Long Island, NY. I first became interested in airbrushing when Richard Markham came to my Automotive class and showed a demonstration I was amazed and wanted to do it. When I got out of high school I started a job that didnt go with that and kinda forgot about it and a few weeks back I got laid off and thought about what would make me happy and I could make money from in the long run, Airbrushing came to mind. I started looking up videos again and paints and techniques, every time I open the computer I type airbrushing ..... I ordered tutorial videos and different technique videos and some stencils and also watched the videos on here and that pushed me more the lion on here is what one day I want to be able to do. My main goal is to air brush automotive, boat, and motorcycle items, and one day open up a shop dedicated just to airbrushing.

I ordered 16oz of Black Wicked paint as well as some reducer.
I also ordered a siphon airbrush gun but will be returning it because i just purchased 2 Airbrush guns Iwata HP-CS and HP-CH for an amazing price. I have some spare time now so I will devote as much as I can to getting all the basics down and learning as much as I can. Any tips are appreciated :)

I will be looking on this forum daily :)!

Welcome home Jacek, you have found the best place to hang out , make friends and learn , share and just have fun.
you and airbrushferret should hit it off good being he live on long island too...

Oh and you made a good choice on the CS and CH..:D

Welcome buddy!! As micron said you will enjoy it here and everyone is willing to help!! Only tips I can give you now until we se some work is just to practice and don't get frustrated. Time is your friend. You did make a good choice on the hp-cs and ch, great brushes especially while learning.

Josh

Welcome another NYer' even though you are about 6 hours from me it still NY. Great place and great people you will love it here.

Thanks guys, I already see a lot of good tips on this site. Right now I'm just waiting impatiently tillthe package comes in. Once that comes in i will be spending hours practicing :) once I do a few practice runs i will put them up for some helpful tips. The Jgny next time I'm upstate I will have to make a pit stop to check out your stuff

Hey Jacek, welcome from a fellow Long Islander. Let me know if I can be of any help. Fyi, I just found out about an opportunity to take an airbrush class next month with one of the best artists in the world and its within driving distance from Long Island. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the details.

Hi Jacek, welcome from the UK.

You will find everything you need to know amongst all the good folk on the forum. As Seamonkey said ... time is your friend and it can be a very frustrating trip but when things turn out right the buzz you feel is unreal.

Hope to see some work soon!

Hi from the uk Jacek. Good choice of guns, will definately get you on the right track. Check out the exercises and tutorials, and you'll be on your way!

Torben thank you i am going to devote a lot of time. As others said i know the satisfaction of seeing my work on someones t shirt and one day their car is going to be unbelievable :) I see that this place is very friendly and supportive i love that :). Im good to hear that i picked out good guns because i wasnt really sure but i did compare the price of what i got it for and what they were selling for.

Hopefully next week i will be putting some work up :)

its all practise, u'll amaze urself if u practise alot.
welcome to the forum from the netherlands!

Thanks guys, I already see a lot of good tips on this site. Right now I'm just waiting impatiently tillthe package comes in. Once that comes in i will be spending hours practicing :) once I do a few practice runs i will put them up for some helpful tips. The Jgny next time I'm upstate I will have to make a pit stop to check out your stuff
I am quite the newbie so you could stop by but the only thing I have currently to check out are my ABs and paints..LOL

Another welcome from Florida! Your progress will grow in leaps and bounds on here. Plenty of help on this site and many memebers from across the globe. Join in and have fun.

Thanks guys im psyched to start, I think my stuff came in today but in the city till monday :( lol I will be locking myself in the room next week. Once again thanks for all the welcomes guys

I got the goodies in the mail the other day.(cant post pix yet)I went out and bought a compressor from harbor freight and that was a huge mistake getting a lot of overspray no matter what i do :( any recommendations on a cheaper but still good quality compressor?

From Mississippi:
welcome.gif

Back